Thread: Zonealarm Pro compatibility with Eset Nod32 v3

rowcom Guest

Default Zonealarm Pro compatibility with Eset Nod32 v3

With Zonealarm Pro and NOD32 v3 installed I have a problem with the `Site List' (Privacy) no longer updating. I am unable to customise the privacy settings for a particular web site. I have the same problem with 2 other PCs. Tried NOD with ZA Pro 2009 and still the same problem. With NOD uninstalled and Norton AV 2009 installed, ZA works correctly. Prefer to use NOD as Norton slows the PC down. Any info appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

dcadint Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Pro compatibility with Eset Nod32 v3

It took me a while to figure it out as I was having the same problem not only with the privacy setting but with the parental control as well. The eset Nod32 process monitors programs that it recognizes as using http and smtp(mail) as well as the ports themselves. So it acts as a proxy punching a hole through zone alarm until you tell zone-alarm to wrap itself around nod32. Open ZoneAlarm and choose program control and then programs to see the list of programs known to zone-alarm. Then find the eset nod32 gui and service and right click each one and perform the following action. From the drop down choose options. Then from the options check the boxes for privacy and parental control. Now the privacy and parental control options should work...

Thread Information