Thread: Re: HP C7280 printer won't work unless I un-install Zone Alarm

sunphoenix Guest

Default Re: HP C7280 printer won't work unless I un-install Zone Alarm

I had the same exact problems with my Dell Printer too and came to the same conclusion. There is something that Dell communication protocol do that the TrueVector thing doesn't like so it blocks it. I tried everything, set all the Dell executables full access to the network and it doesn't do.
    Any help someone ?
    Can someone confirm that it works or not with the full version of zonealarm ?

forum_moderator Guest

With ZA 8.x there is a workaorund for the printing issue by Adding the specific printer spooler directories to the AV exclusion list.<P class=MsoNormal>We found a workaround for this issue. The specific spool directory needs to be excluded.<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P class=MsoNormal>The base directory is <o></o><P class=MsoNormal>c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\ w32x86\THEN ANY FOLDERS HERE\<o></o><P class=MsoNormal><o></o>excluding the directory from the scan should solve the issue don t forget the trailing backslash<o></o><P class=MsoNormal><o></o><P class=MsoNormal>For example on my computer my hp and labelwriter entries would look like this.<o></o><P class=MsoNormal>wc:\windows\system32\spool\drivers \32x86\3\<o></o><P class=MsoNormal>c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\ w32x86\HPOFFICEJET_4200_SER2524\<o></o><P class=MsoNormal>c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\ w32x86\3\DYMOLABELWRITER_330_B0AE\<o></o><P class=MsoNormal><o></o><P class=MsoNormal>don t forget the trailing backslash at end of path or it will not work.<o></o><P class=MsoNormal>Best regards<P class=MsoNormal>Forum moderator<o></o><P class=MsoNormal><o></o>

mwwhitby Guest

Why not as a general rule just put c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\ in the exception list and leave it at that?
    Would that not include all printers on your system?
    I had
    massive problems with my C7280 on the network.
    It wasn't until the last or 2nd to the last v8 beta that seems to make it better.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>MWWhitby wrote:
    Why not as a general rule just put c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\ in the exception list and leave it at that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Because excluding the folder will not exclude the subfolders...See explanatory message when you try to add a file/folder in the Exclusion section.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information