Thread: files open slowly

Hybrid View

reggepole Guest

Default files open slowly

I have two computers with Windows XP Home and Professional connected via router in a network. Both computers use firewall ZoneAlarm Pro and antivirus nod32.Everything seems all right when both of them are in some work. But if one of them is switched off or hibernated it takes about 30 seconds or even more to open a file on the working computer. If I shutdown ZoneAlarm on a computer, the problem vanishes. So it is the problem of ZA configuration as it seems to me. If anybody has a clue to the problem the help will be appreciated.
    Net and DHCP Server are in the trusted zone.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

zaswing Guest

Default Re: files open slowly

Just some ideas, not really sure if will solve your slow things.
    Try mapping the drives instead, it might get faster. I think I've seen this sort of thing before where workgroup approach was slow, mapped drives were fast. Don't ask why, I don't know, might be the recent SP3 update.

There's a service called Distributed Link Process management (or very close to that name) - disable it, it might get faster. You're unlikely to need them updating hyperlinks between files on two computers.

It could be ZA issue, but I don't think so. In addition to LAN range, try adding the IP of the other computer into the trusted zone in ZA and do it on each of the two computers.

Thread Information