Thread: ZA Pro V8.0.059.000 Check for Updates and Anti-spyware Update Now

padp Guest

Default ZA Pro V8.0.059.000 Check for Updates and Anti-spyware Update Now

Hello everyone,

When I hit the "Check for Updates" link in quick tasks just now it reported that no updates where available. However, going to the Anti-spyware table and hitting the "Update Now" button got me a database update.

Can anyone tell me if the "Check for Updates" button is meant to also check for Anti-spyware database updates as well?

Also, I have to say I like the new version of ZA Pro. I especially like the fact it loads and exits much quicker than V7.

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

padp

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZA Pro V8.0.059.000 Check for Updates and Anti-spyware Update Now

Hi!

the "Check for Updates" only check for product and component update (e.g. version 7, 8, 8.1, etc), while the 'update now' only check for malware signature update.

If left on automatic they will check without user intervention.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

old_navy Guest

Default Re: ZA Pro V8.0.059.000 Check for Updates and Anti-spyware Update Now

I have a similar problem. I have the Check for product updates set to Automatic. The problem I'm having is that every time I reset the computer a message comes up that there is an update ready and do I want to install it. It is the same update every time and when I attempt to install it, I get an error message. How do I stop these update messages without turning off the Automatic Update feature?X-(

Thread Information