Thread: New Network Detected (bought a new router)

sillyrabbitt123 Guest

Default New Network Detected (bought a new router)

I bought a new router and i got the message New Network Detected but Zass added the wrong ip gateway address and i cannot delete it or edit it. how do i change it so i can share files between cpus ZAss is blocking it as it has the router address wrong.

THANKS for any help!

XP Home
    Zass 70470.000

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: New Network Detected (bought a new router)

First open the ZA and the Firewall, select the Main, select the Advanced button and in the Network Settings, select or click the "Ask which Zone to place new networks upon detection" and OK.

To remove this unwanted network, please reset the ZA database:

Boot your computer into the Safe Mode
    Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder
    Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder
    Clean the Recycle Bin
    Reboot into the normal mode
    ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

Upond the reboot back to the normal mode, the new network found ZA window should be set as Trusted not Internet.

To give the ZA some basic and correct network configuring after the database reset is performed:

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run and type in command and hit 'ok', and in the command then type in ipconfig /all then press the enter key. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side. [Make sure there is a space between the ipconfig and the /all, and the font is the same (no capitals)].
    2. In ZA installed on your machine, open the Firewall, open the Zones tab, click Add and then select IP Address to include these addresses if they are not seen listed. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted. (and also add the DNS IP(s).)
    3. Click OK and Apply. Then do the same for the DHCP server.
    4. The localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
    5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) as seen in the Zone Alarm's Program's list must have server rights for the Trusted Zone, along with the usual trusted and internet accesses.

To share files between the two or more local area netwoked computers, place each of the other computers distinct IPs as Trusted into the Zones of each of the ZA firewalls.
    This is assuming each computer is statically (permanently) assigned these IPs by the router. Statically assigned IP is done inside of the router (along with each individual MAC of these computers).

Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 11-28-2008 07:01 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information