Thread: continual message about maximum security and learning mode

konacoffee Guest

Default continual message about maximum security and learning mode

I continue to receive like clockwork ,,,messages from zonealarm asking me to pick one of the other...."zone alarm has been operating at reduced security while it learns...blah blah blah...."
    I pick one and apparently it does not take effect
    please advise...thanks much

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: continual message about maximum security and learning mode

Hi!sounds like your ZASS got corrupted. Corruption can happen if:- your PC hang/crashed recently- you are running conflicting software tools (typically other overlapping security tools)- you system is infected by malware- cold shutdown (forced or improper shutdown)To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

nbhagy Guest

Fax,

I am having the same problem on more than one of our computers at different locations. I tried your suggestions on some of our
    company computers
    and problem persists (after the 21 day period). In fact, over the holidays I reformatted my own personal
    laptop drive and did a clean install of all software including ZA. That was about 21 days ago and this morning I had to tell ZA 3, oops, make that 4,
    times to switch to
    maximum. It seems to have started after updating to version 8.0.059.000. I don't recall it ever being a problem before.
    I would really like to get this cleared up quickly. I did some bragging on ZA to get some of the location managers to switch, in fact, I installed ZA on 3 systems yesterday.

Nor

Learning mode is okay - if upgrading often the learning mode will be used.
    This will be used for a couple of weeks or 21 days (pending on which trigger is used for which version) and the ZA will either alert to go to the maximum security or do itself silently.

see http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=52722

Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-15-2009 07:51 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

arsonsquad Guest

I had been receiving this message for some time on my wife's laptop.
    I set a ZA password on this PC, however when she selected Switch to Maximum Security no error was ever returned, so it didn't occur to me that the password
    had anything to do with it.
    Well, I just installed version 8.0.298 and after getting this message repeatedly decided to sit down and take a look at it.
    I opened ZA, went to Program Control, switched it to Maximum and was immediately prompted for a password.
    I have not received the message since.

I'm not positive it was the password causing the issue, but it seems likely that because of the password ZA was failing
    instead of prompting to enter the password (or at least giving a helpful error message).
    Don't know if this helps your issue, but it may help others in the future who experience this.

Thread Information