Thread: VPN showing multiple times in Program Control. Can't get through.

spnow Guest

Default VPN showing multiple times in Program Control. Can't get through.

Why would VPN show up multiple times in Program Control and prevent my access? Even when I delete the rows that have no access approved, I still can't log into VPN. I've had to shutdown ZA to get into VPN. Is there anyway to sort this out?

Other programs have this duplication as well. I believe this started after I upgraded to ZA Security Suite 8.0.059.000.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP3
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: VPN showing multiple times in Program Control. Can't get through.

Check Firewall tab, Main, Advanced - is there a check placed for Allow VPN protocols?
    Is the IP for connecting in the Zones as Trusted?
    Did you install VPN software after installing ZA? If not, uninstall ZA, uninstall VPN, install ZA, install VPN. This applies to Cisco VPN and Nortel, perhaps all others.

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 12-07-2008 02:53 PM

naivemelody Guest

IMPORTANT - If you have a Cisco VPN client installed, you must first uninstall the VPN client, then follow the instructions below, and reinstall the Cisco VPN client again afterwards. This procedure will remove all traces of the TrueVector service, which was incorporated by Cisco into their VPN software. >
    click here >
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html
    <hr>or you can use the un-install of ZA #M19199 if the first link does not work -- Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645

zaswing Guest

More things to do, very likely
    If the VPN servers require connections to the company DNS servers, put those in the trusted zone.
    If you're getting IP from VPN put the DHCP IP in the trusted zone
    If various security ports are required such as 500, permit, though the global setting allowing VPN should work.

zaswing Guest

Here is another great VPN information from ZoneAlarm Australia. just don't tell ZA tech support in the US you read it 'cause they disown it
    http://www.zonealarm.com.au/main/kb_....asp?KBID=1749
    In addition to the necessary steps, they describe how ZA deals with VPN and protecting you.

Thread Information