Thread: Re: ZA blocks my settings changes

zafzap Guest

Default Re: ZA blocks my settings changes

I'm getting hundreds of complaints (sampled below) in the OS firewall log, along the same lines. Is this the same problem?
    I read this as ZAP preventing CIDAEMON.EXE, & iipoint.exe from performing appropriate changes to WINSYSDIR\vsconfig.xml, etc. Is there a simple appropriate way to allow this (these), such as in program control? I noticed in WTM, that these programs are using a lot of CPU time.

Description Indexing Service filter daemon was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINDIR\Internet Logs\BACKUP.RDB
    Rating High
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 11:30:48-5:00
    Type File
    Subtype File Write
    Data WINDIR\Internet Logs\BACKUP.RDB
    Program C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CIDAEMON.EXE
    Action Taken Blocked (once)
    Count 1
    Policy Personal Policy

Description Indexing Service filter daemon was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINDIR\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 11:30:48-5:00
    Data WINDIR\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB

Description Indexing Service filter daemon was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINDIR\Internet Logs\ZALog.txt
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 12:06:54-5:00
    Data WINDIR\Internet Logs\ZALog.txt

Description Indexing Service filter daemon was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINSYSDIR\vsconfig.xml
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 11:30:42-5:00
    Data WINSYSDIR\vsconfig.xml

Description Windows Explorer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs*
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 13:34:20-5:00
    Data WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs*
    Program C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Description IPoint.exe was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs*
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 13:34:24-5:00
    Data WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs*
    Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe

Description Indexing Service filter daemon was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs*
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 13:40:18-5:00
    Data WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs*

Description Indexing Service filter daemon was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs\Updates\LocalCatalog.xml
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 11:30:46-5:00
    Data WINSYSDIR\ZoneLabs\Updates\LocalCatalog.xml

Description Windows Explorer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: ZLDIR\zlclient.exe
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 12:09:52-5:00
    Data ZLDIR\zlclient.exe

Description IPoint.exe was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: ZLDIR\zlclient.exe
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 13:35:12-5:00
    Data ZLDIR\zlclient.exe
    Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe

Description Windows Explorer was prevented from changing the behavior of ZoneAlarm Pro by modifying the file: ZLDIR\zonealarm.exe
    Date / Time 2008-12-08 12:09:52-5:00
    Data ZLDIR\zonealarm.exe

Default Re: ZA blocks my settings changes

Hi ZAFZAP

These alerts/logs are harmless - these are showing the usual window's applications attempting to open the ZoneAlarm files.
    Why the ZoneAlarm shows these as intrusions is just part of the self-protection of the ZA.

What you can do, is right click all of these pesky files in the ZoneAlarm's Program list and open the Options, then check the second item show (Allow open process) and Apply and OK.
    Then give these files the Super or three green bars for the Trust rating.

But I do suspect if you disable the Index service in windows most of the alerts that you have listed will disappear.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information