There was a previous forum thread on this topic, but the detail
was
expansive, and I still have an issue getting my HP C7280 Multifunction printer working properly.
The printer works but, it takes a long time to communciate with it, and many applications (Inc. Windows printer settings), time out or fail to communicate due to ZA doing something.
If I turn off Zonealarm then it works fine and comms are swift.
:-)
I'm running Zonealarm v8.0.059 and have tried latest update download which states I'm fully up to date.
Under ZA "Program Control", "Programs", I have even made all "HP Programs" Super Trusted and set all components to "Allow" (i.e. green tick), but to no avail.
One of the forum moderator's previously stated the fix was that: The specific spool directory needs to be excluded.

The base directory is "c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\THE N ANY FOLDERS HERE\",

excluding the directory from the scan should solve the issue don t forget the trailing backslash.

However, I'm not quite sure where I'm supposed to enter this information.

I have tried the "Scan Targets", "Local Hard Drives", and then stepped down to the System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\ folder and exluded all sub folders and files from the scan, but this does not make any differance.

But I note that this can only be done via the GUI and there is no option for me to "forget the trailing backslash", so I'm wondering if there is somewhere else that I should be "excluding" these folders & files?

Can anyone help please?

The HP C7280 is not a cheap printer by home standards and has many great features, but after "DAYS" (not just hours), of trouble shooting I can't get many of them to work while I have ZA installed on my PC. I have even completely rebuilt the PC without ZA and it works fine, but alas as soon as I add ZA, my troubles begin and my expensive printer is reduced to a basic mode of operation, that only just works if you have the time to wait for it to time out a few times.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite