Thread: Network Magic Only Works with Zone Alarm Turned Off

munchimike Guest

Default Network Magic Only Works with Zone Alarm Turned Off

I have the permissions set green for both in and out going signals on NM and Purenetworks ( the maker );
    three towers, P4, XP SP3, ZA 8 .0.06 Free, AVG, ......
    works instantly after I shut of ZA on each computer, computer is listed as 'OFFLINE' as soon as I turn ZA back on, and 'folder cannot be shared',
    I need both of these terrific tools so any help is ALWAYS appreciated.
    Seasons Best to You

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

findley Guest

Default Re: Network Magic Only Works with Zone Alarm Turned Off

MunchiMike,
    There were conflicts with earlier versions of Network Magic and zone alarm.
    When component control is on network magic was blocked as reported in this thread: http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...id=8031#M54271
    Findley

munchimike Guest

Default Re: Network Magic Only Works with Zone Alarm Turned Off

Thanks Findly,
    I did see that thread days ago, and noted that the gentleman did not come back; and hoped to get a solution from someone who already has one. I also found that the link mentioned in the reply goes to a lengthy form for buyers of ZA who have i.d. numbers and license numbers. Since I have ZA free, it appears I cannot fill in the required fields on the Tech Support form. I am using ZA 8.0.65 and Network Magic 5. and perhaps that's the problem. It is so often the case that the latest version is the one with all the bugs ( since installing XP those years ago, care to guess how many patches and updates you downloaded?!) There's really no good reason for this conflict in theory. My systems are all XP P4's with 3 GHZ and tonza Ram, all updates SP3, AVG with little in the way as complications deserving these hours of unresolved difficulty.
    (m'onback)

Thread Information