Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can someone help me with these?

mistyree Guest

Default can someone help me with these?

hii have a couple of questions please help me??
    1)i am at the zones and i have 4 of themit says new network with 2 ip numbers says
    entry
    network i have it in internet is this correct?it have a
    dhcp with
    1 ip number in

entry ip address ......what should this be?it have dns server with 1 ip number

entry ip address ,,,,,,,dont know what to put this inand i have loopback adapter i ip
    entry ip address and
    should this be in trusted ?
    2)my program will not update it is giving me errorsunable to connectcannot find server
    and
    lastly
    i am a visual learner so im curious is there any zonealarm diagram how to's i could find to help me with setting up this program???
    thankyou in advance!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: can someone help me with these?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>mistyree wrote:
    hii have a couple of questions please help me??1)i am at the zones and i have 4 of themit says new network with 2 ip numbers saysentry network i have it in internet is this correct?it have adhcp with 1 ip number in entry ip address ......what should this be?it have dns server with 1 ip numberentry ip address ,,,,,,,dont know what to put this inand i have loopback adapter i ip entry ip address and should this be in trusted ?2)my program will not update it is giving me errorsunable to connectcannot find serverandlastlyi am a visual learner so im curious is there any zonealarm diagram how to's i could find to help me with setting up this program???thankyou in advance!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) everything listed in ZA Firewall - Zones area should be in the TRUSTED Zone..ZA Firewall -Main area.. Internet Zone Security = HIGH, Trusted Zone Security = Medium..2.) Program Control - Main Section - Program Control = Maximum, SmartDefense Advisor - Auto first 21 days then Manual after that..Program Control - Program Listing..NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..
    --------------------------------------------------------

b.) some Computer Users think that if one Firewall and anti-Virus is good, two or three different ones running at the same time must be better? <HR>

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Please note that ZASS does not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS issues remove them and install back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, mcAfee, spyspweeper, spyware doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threatfire, otherantivirus, antispyware, registry locking tools, etc...--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975279386
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5085
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957-------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

findley Guest

mistyree,
    Here are some additional resources to help you setup zone alarm internet security suite:
    There is a zone alarm user's guide that you can downloaded:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ser_manual.pdf

IPCONFIG &amp; DNS &amp; DNCP addresses:http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/dnsdhcp.html
    There is a tutorial here:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me.../overview.html
    Findley

mistyree Guest

thankyou georgei have done everything like u suggestedi noticed i do not have
    c
    e f g h or i

in my firewall at all
    unless g and h is
    za's forcefield stuff and then
    i have a &quot;checkpoint updater&quot; that is green across the board but it was automaticaly set that way from setupi assume it is the updater for za??

i still cannot upate the software thoughi get the same error messagesunable to connectandcannot find server zonealarm blah blahblahhhh
    i also have tried to use my convertx program to take a break from all of this stuff , when i came back and tried to pause my convertx program my mouse would not worku click click but it did nothingit was like a really bad slow reaction goin on
    i do not have anything else running on here that i can find
    any ideas ??
    thanks in advance!

mistyree Guest

thankyou findley
    i can only pull up the middle linkbut it has pictures so it helps alot
    i cannot pull up anything with my run box...........??????it gives me an error that says WINNT\system 32\comman.comwinnt\system32\AUTOEXEC.NT the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applicationsclose to terminate.
    do i have my firewall
    acceptances wrong?

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>mistyree wrote:
    thankyou findley
    i can only pull up the middle linkbut it has pictures so it helps alot
    i cannot pull up anything with my run box...........??????it gives me an error that says WINNT\system 32\comman.comwinnt\system32\AUTOEXEC.NT the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applicationsclose to terminate.
    do i have my firewall
    acceptances wrong?

<hr></blockquote>mistyree,
    To pull up :

zone alarm user's guide

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ser_manual.pdf

zone alarm tutorialhttp://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me.../overview.html
    Turn off privacy settings in zone alarm this way:
    Right click on
    Z in system trayOpen ZASS Control Center by right clicking on Z in the system trayClick on Privacy in categories listSet cookie slider to offSet Ad Bocking slider to offSet Mobile Code radio button to off
    These are default settings for zone alarm.
    Now you should be good to go and able to download the above two links.
    On the issue of the run error - are you trying to run a DOS game?Any malware lately?
    When is the last time the computer was scanned for malware?If the computer is infected see this thread about how to clean ithttp://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787
    Findley

Message Edited by Findley on 01-02-2009 12:10 PM

mistyree Guest

hi findleythanks for this advicei would not know how to play games on my computer
    i cannot do your instructions with the privacy setting cuz i do not have privacy anywhere at all in the za
    i have never played games on my pc nor would i know how toBUT i did mess with the game mode under right click to za iconcould i possibly have messed somethign up??
    i have uninstalled the za antispy and antivirus trialreinstalled za firewall alonethen spyware terminator and clam av

i have a error in my log that is an incoming
    static? with a port i use for my utorrent program but i have not used that program since i reinstalled za firewall.so i do not know why it would be in use anywayperhaps there is a connection (no pun intended-lol) with the game mode?
    does it matter if i have my
    internet lock is on or off?
    and in my zones under firewall

my intel (r)pro....ip 192....and 255
    ....adaptersub///zone is internetshould that be in internet zone? cuz there are 2 other names but they are servers in here that za put in automaticallybut
    i put iit (in my zones info) in
    there and maybe i should not have or i put it in there wrong perhaps?wheni first installed it asked me but i did not know what to put there so i hit internet not trusted
    i so appreciate your kindness and patience with me! thankyou !

findley Guest

mistyree,In your first post in this thread, you posted you were using zone alarm internet security suite (zaiss)
    and your latest post indicates you have uninstalled zaiss and installed the free firewall.
    Privacy feature is included in the paid zone alarm internet security suite but privacy feature is not included in the free zone alarm.
    See the zone alarm product comparison chart http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...comparison.jsp

On the game mode issue - again that's a feature of zaiss and not a feature in the free zone alarm.

I don't use utorrent so can't help you but

there have been issues with utorrent and the latest free version - you can find more information on utorrent and the free version by using the search box and pulling up other users posts on utorrent.
    For the issue of zones - have you done ipconfig /all then enter your ip address DNS DHCP and put them in trusted?
    Findley

mistyree Guest

hi findleyi thankyou for your patience with me
    i have done all u have told me abouti still am unable to pull up the ipconfig /all on my computerit just goes awayit used to work last month cuz the windows up date tech had me pull it up when their stupid sp3 update did my compuetr in but it doesnt work now so i may need to call them back and raise........ my voice
    i have
    1) dhcp2)
    dns servers in trusted3) the intel r pro 100.....has my 2 ipaddys
    says adapter sub....BUT it
    is in internet zone(i
    recognize that ip was given to me to put in by the windows tech guy)all 3 of those are in my firewall zones section
    i think i have done everything else ok exceept that ipconfig thing cuz i CANT do itis that important now cuz i already have the stuff in trusted
    and yes i did take the other un free stuff off cuz it was too hard to doi also went back to **bleep** which im used to
    is it possible im using this program and thinkng im safe and im not?sorry if im paranoid loli just hate this not feeling safe stuff nowadays
    thanks !!

Message Edited by mistyree on 01-17-2009 08:00 PM

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>mistyree wrote:
    hi findleyi thankyou for your patience with me
    i have done all u have told me abouti still am unable to pull up the ipconfig /all on my computerit just goes awayit used to work last month cuz the windows up date tech had me pull it up when their stupid sp3 update did my compuetr in but it doesnt work now so i may need to call them back and raise........ my voice
    i have
    1) dhcp2)
    dns servers in trusted3) the intel r pro 100.....has my 2 ipaddys
    says adapter sub....BUT it
    is in internet zone(i
    recognize that ip was given to me to put in by the windows tech guy)all 3 of those are in my firewall zones section
    i think i have done everything else ok exceept that ipconfig thing cuz i CANT do itis that important now cuz i already have the stuff in trusted
    and yes i did take the other un free stuff off cuz it was too hard to doi also went back to **bleep** which im used to
    is it possible im using this program and thinkng im safe and im not?sorry if im paranoid loli just hate this not feeling safe stuff nowadays
    thanks !!

Message Edited by mistyree on 01-17-2009 08:00 PM
    <hr></blockquote>

Hi mistyree,

Okay, here's what I think is happening - you're entering ipconfig /all in the run box which flashes across the screen and goes away.
    Here's what you need to do to bring the ipconfig / all up and have it stay on your screen:
    How to run ipconfig /all
    Click StartClick runType in cmdClick okThis will bring up a black DOS screen with a prompt C: Now type in ipconfig /all and hit enter
    So here's the process to configure your zone alarm using ipconfig /all:
    1. Bring up ipconfig /all as described above.2. Find the DNS and DHCP servers and the IP addresses in this ipconfig /all list.3. Open the Control Center of zone alarm and click on the firewall tab and make sure the DNS and DHCP servers ip addresses are listed and set to the trusted zone.4. If they are there - great - go to the next step - if not add them and make sure you click OK and apply for each entry.
    See below how to add to trusted zone.5.You should also have an entry like this 127.0.0.1 set to trusted - this is the localhost or loopback.
    Additional help:
    http://www.donhoover.net/dnsdhcp.html

How to Add
    to the Trusted Zone
    <a target="_blank"></a>

The Trusted Zone contains computers you trust want to share resources with. For example, if you have three home PCs that are linked together in an Ethernet network, you can put each individual computer or the entire network adapter subnet in the Trusted Zone. The Trusted Zone's default medium security settings enable you to safely share files, printers, and other resources over the home network. Hackers are confined to the Internet Zone, where high security settings keep you safe.<a target="_blank"></a>

To add a single IP address:<div class="pSmartList1">
    1. <a target="_blank"></a>
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Firewall|Zones.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Click Add, then select IP address from the shortcut menu.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The Add IP Address dialog appears.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Trusted from the Zone drop-down list.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type the IP address and a description in the boxes provided, then click OK.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

To add an IP range:<div class="pSmartList1">
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Firewall|Zones.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Click Add, then select IP address from the shortcut menu.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The Add IP Range dialog appears.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Trusted from the Zone drop-down list.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type the beginning IP address in the first field, and the ending IP address in the second field.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type a description in the field provided, then click OK.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

To add a subnet:<div class="pSmartList1">
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Firewall|Zones.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Click Add, then select Subnet from the shortcut menu.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The Add Subnet dialog appears.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Trusted from the Zone drop-down list.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type the IP address in the first field, and the Subnet mask in the second field.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type a description in the field provided, then click OK.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

To add to a Host or Site to the trusted Zone:<div class="pSmartList1">
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Firewall|Zones.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Click Add, then select Host/Site.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The Add Host/Site dialog appears.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Trusted from the Zones drop-down list.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type the fully qualified host name in the Host name field.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type a description of the host/site, then click OK.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

To add a network to the Trusted Zone:<div class="pSmartList1">
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Firewall|Zones.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]In the Zone column, click the row containing the network, then select Trusted from the shortcut menu.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Click Apply.<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

<div align="left"><a target="_blank"></a><div class="pTipIcon"><a target="_blank"></a>
    Also in zone alarm control center click on the Program Control
    tab - open programs and check settings:Make sure in the programs list that Generic Host Process
    (svchost.exe) has green check marks for trusted access, internet access, and trusted server
    Findley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information