Thread: AVG and Cookies

austin_lance Guest

Default AVG and Cookies

I am using Zone Alarm Pro 8.0.059.000 and AVG 8.0.229.

I have recently started being shown an AVG threat alert about a certain tracking cookie, and so have tried to change my cookie control on ZA.

The problem that I have is that if the cookie control is set to anything other than "off", I cannot access some of the sites that I have been using (eg. Myspace).

I have tried adding these site to the site list and they are shown there, then putting a tick in every box associated with these sites. But still I cannot access them.

It's driving me mad.

Can you please help?

Please bear in mind that I am not very computer literate and so do not understand most technical phrases.

Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: AVG and Cookies

You can still keep ZA's cookie control to 'off' and instead try this...<hr>In ZA's 'Privacy&quot; &gt; see third sub-list - 'Cache Cleaner'= this will clear out 'temporary internet files used during your latest browsing/ net surfing- including your 'cookies', history, etc. You can do this at the end of your web session; manually or use an auto- schedule.Be sure to click the 'Custom' button to choose which items you which to clean/ delete when using the Cache Cleaner &gt; and see there are different tabs for your pc-Hard drive/ IE/ MSN and /your ISP. Remember to list cookies you do want to keep - for Myspace, etc.<hr>alternative &gt; you can install a free pc cleaner
    - CCleaner - click here &gt;

http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...message.id=155
    = nice 'free'
    software that
    can help clean your pc.<hr>It would have been good to have listed the tracking cookie you are talking about.

Thread Information