Thread: ZA only works for one user

oxonman Guest

Default ZA only works for one user

Just rebuilt my PC. After installing and updating ZA i find that of the 2 users only myself has ZA protection. When the other user logs in ZA will tell him it has encounterd a fualt and must shut down. Any Ideas

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZA only works for one user

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>OxonMan wrote:
    Just rebuilt my PC. After installing and updating ZA i find that of the 2 users only myself has ZA protection. When the other user logs in ZA will tell him it has encounterd a fualt and must shut down. Any Ideas

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) If your the Only one protected when the computer is turned on, then something went wrong durring the Install process of ZAPro..

2.) All versions of ZoneAlarm are designed to be installed under an Administrator Account and allowed to run as Administrator, so that ZoneAlarm can run anytime the computer is running..

3.) To Correct this problem, you will need to logon to your Windows account and download this ZA Uninstall tool..

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

4.) click on "cpes_clean.exe" to Clean Uninstall ZAP and follow the displayed instructions to Reboot into an Administrator Account..

5.) after Rebooting into a Windows Administrator Account, Shutdown any other Security Programs that may Block or Conflict with the Re-install of ZA pro..

Install the newZAP (cleannot upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

After reboot Manually Update the ZAP Anti-Spyware, and make sure that all entries in ZAP Firewall, Zones section are in the trusted Zone..

Please post back with your progress report..

--------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975985973
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5135
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security