I couldn't even get my mobile phone to link properly at first.
I am using Vista/sync center not XP/active sync.
I finally noticed that the only way I could get it to work is with the Zone Alarm off.I followed the same advice on the jediknight post (http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=54364).
I thought I was closer but it still didn't work.Finally, I noticed that the services and controller app c:\windows\system32\services.exe kept on asking to use the internet (0.0.0.0:49157) and I said allow and it worked.Now I just leave it as Trust Level Super, Access to trusted and internet, Server to trusted and internet in the Program Control-Programs.
It works fine now.