loopback adapter 127.0.0.1
    Under "entry type" it says "IP addresss"
    What is a loopback adapter?

Thanks for any advice!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: Trusted or not?

127.0.0.1 is Trusted as it is the internal address of all windows operating systems. Just as the PC has an external IP, it has an internal IP. But the internal address or the loopback (127.0.0.1) does not accept incoming networked connections nor can it make outgoing network connections.
    Try this:

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run and type in command and hit 'ok', and in the command then type in ipconfig /all then press the enter key. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side. Make sure there is a space between the ipconfig and the /all, and the font is the same (no capitals).
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall, open the Zones tab, click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted. Add the DNS IP(s) .
    3. Click OK and Apply. Then do the same for the DHCP server.
    4. The localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
    5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) as seen in the Zone Alarm's Program's list must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
    Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.

Extra help is found at Guru Hoov site for the DNS/DHCP.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

thundercell Guest

Two of my three computers have the DNS servers and the DHCP server listed automatically, while the third does not.
    However, there does not seem to be an issue.
    Why would that be and should I enter the info manually?

All three machines are on the same network, one wired and the other two (including the one without the entries) are wireless.
    All are running Vista, the wired one has Business, while the other two are Home Premium.

theoldgizzer Guest

Hey, OldSod, - I've done all what you've said to find and insert the IP, DNS and DHCP in the TRUSTED area of ZA. There were a couple of extra 'codes' on the list already that I would like to know if I can delete them. - Two of the DNS ones start with: 69.59.xx.xx where mine starts with: 68.87.xx.xx. The other DHCP one starts with: 10.10.xx.xx where mine starts with: 192.168.xx.xx. My question is, can I delete ALL extra entries there EXCEPT my DNS, DHCP, IP and the required 127.0.0 ? Thanks in advance and I HOPE I can find this forum back again!!

Thread Information