Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trusted Site URL Entry

brbrown Guest

Default Re: Trusted Site URL Entry

I decided to write a lengthy, terse email to Microsoft expressing my dissatisfaction at there respose to the problem. I have had a reply asking for my name and phone number so maybe some help will be forthcoming. I'll keep you posted. Brian

If there is a problem with the site - they will fix this.
    It is a big corp - slow to change or alter, but things get done (and big projects quickly) if they are motivated.
    The biggest problem with big corps - too many departments and areas, no one is really the boss who can be talked to directly and get a proper responce.
    Tried emailing bill gates (funny joke) yet and see what he says?
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

brbrown Guest

Well, I'll hold off on the Bill Gates email for now because I received a phone call from Microsoft UK and they appear to have tried various things and cannot replicate the problem. They are convinced that the problem is to do with my Security settings and just suggested turning them down.They wouldn't wait for me to try it but when I turned my Security and Privicy settings down and shut down my antivirus, it made no difference. I wss reluctant to shut down Zonealarm for fear of hackers so I am no further forward. Do you have any ideas as to what I should alter in my settings?

In the ZA free, there are no Privacy items to contend with.
    So basically it falls back to the Program Control - but if the browser uses has trusted and internet access and trusted server rights, there is not much else you can do.That alone should be enough to make things work.
    (if you use a paid ZA, turning off the Privacy should be enough to make it work)

I could see the other security installed interferring, but that maybe the last thing involved to consider.

(throws hands in the air and sighs).

Got me stumped.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

brbrown Guest

Many thanks for that. I'll keep trying anyway. I have just replied back to an email from Microsoft. It looks as if they are still looking at the problem. I have explained about the security setting changes to see what they come up with. I'll keep you posted. Maybe someone else might come up with a bright idea as well. Thanks again. Brian

Till then.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

brbrown Guest

Udate. Microsoft of no use what so ever. Both USA and UK branches are blaming one another for the problem without trying to solve it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information