Thread: Suggestion: Better Tools for Managing the Firewall Program Database

deathbynukes Guest

Default Suggestion: Better Tools for Managing the Firewall Program Database

I don't know about the rest of you but my Program Control list gets crowded after a while. Most of the programs that fill it up are temporary programs (installers) or programs that don't even have any saved access levels. I doubt such a large database makes Zone Alarm faster. This might even contribute to the catastrophic lockups it sometimes has. (http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=49818)

First, make the Remove option have a delay between each removal as it's processing them. If I select a large number of programs and remove them, Zone Alarm will freeze for a while as it works. Perhaps have a progress bar at the bottom to show that it's working.

Add a cleanup button which brings up a set of selectable filters for types of entries to remove such as programs that...
    1. have no saved settings.
    2. have no saved internet access settings.
    3. have no saved trust level.
    4. have no saved advanced options.
    4. don't have a "deny" entry. (for an almost complete wipe)
    5. no longer exist.
    6. have changed.

I'm pretty sure both of these additions would be very easy to code.

Another suggestion: make a suggestion form.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Suggestion: Better Tools for Managing the Firewall Program Database

Hi!nice suggestion and you are not the first one... considering that ZA staff does not monitor this board (we are all users here except the Forum Moderator), the best is to report directly to ZA technical support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform On drop down item (if I remember well) is 'improvements' or select 'others'.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-02-2009 09:09 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

deathbynukes Guest

There's only an "other" option; nothing about feedback/suggestions there. Also they want me to enter the license key. That's definitely not intended for feedback. I sent them a link to this thread anyways.

And yea, I know there are few staff here. I'm just using the only option they gave me.

Yes, others... More ZA staff here? uuuhm.. good! :8}Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information