Hello,

I have a deal breaker problem!! I just bought a HD Homerun ATSC tuner from SiliconDust. This is a tuner that has a LAN connection (10/100) and not a direct connection to the pc. Well, I was getting very LARGE shuddering/shaking/pixelation etc from the tuner. I worked with tech support from SiliconDust and it was narrowed down to Zone Alarm being the culprit.

Apparently, ZA can not handle the massive amount of traffic being sent from the tuner to my pc and thus causes packet loss (hence the shaky picture).

I disabled/shutdown ZA and still had the problem. It was not cleared up until ZAISS was un-installed from the system and rebooted. Then all was well. For further testing, I installed ZAISS again, and the issue came back.

My setup is:
Router: Linksys Wireless 10/100
Switch: Dlink 10/100/1000
Access Points: Optima 10/100/1000
Cables: All are Cat5e or Cat6 depending on run.
NIC: Realtek 10/100/1000 (set to 1000 without Jumbo frames because router not support it).

I really like the ZAISS and just bought a 2 year license but this will kill me here if it continues to create packet loss. Upon full usage, the HDHR could theoretically send 38Mbps (two HD tuners sending all 3 sub channels) to my pc.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to alleviate the packet loss with Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite?

Thank you for ANY help!!!!

Solas

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite