Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with IE Tabs

J Canuck Guest

Default Re: Problem with IE Tabs

I disabled Trend Micro and downloaded ZASS again Ė this time successfully. I tuned off ZASSís virus protection and reloaded Trend Micro. So far the IE tabs are functioning properly and allís well.

I have been running Zone Alarmís firewall in conjunction with Trend Microís full security suite for years without problems until recently. Way back, my IT department recommended these two programs - Zone Alarm seemed to have the best firewall and Trend Micro the best virus protection. I also periodically deep-scan with both plus Ad-Aware and Malewarebytes. In general, I have found Trend Micro picks up what Zone Alarm misses; Adaware picks up what both missed and Malewarebytes has nailed a Trojan for me that the other three could not eliminate.

As technology advances and most everyone offers Security Suites (I can no longer buy Zone Alarmís stand-alone firewall), I must be more careful how I manage them but down the road I may be forced to one. I still feel Zone Alarm has the best firewall and Trend Micro the best virus protection. But hey Ė who really knows??

Many thanks for your input.

Again, you are looking for trouble and piling up security tools will not improve your protection. This approach may have been good some years ago. Now the situation and technologies are different. The double use of tools will be particularly negative at the time of detecting and cleaning infections.

Just keep your ZASS always active and uptodate + MBAM free (only on demand) for second opinion. Its all you new need to have a good protection.

Anyway, if you are happy with it... we are all happy

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

J Canuck Guest

I do hear you; however, when I do my deep scan with any particular scaning engine, I turn everything else off including my internet connection. My primary reason had been to speed up the scanning. I can't imagine there would be any conflict during the scan or am I still fooling myself?

Conflicts are happening at drivers/kernel level, these are loaded regardless of the status of your tool. Wherever way you look at it its not good. Only install complementary and not overlapping tools.

And if you want more protection upgarde your security (e.g. ZASS to ZA Extreme) but avoid adding security tools doing the same than the ones already installed. For example, if you like ZA firewall then install the ZAPRO firewall only version and not the suite. If you don't feel secure with ZASS then change product. The most important thing is that you feel secure with your setup.

Unless there are any other ZA related issues I will close soon this thread since the issue has been resolved.

Feel free to PM me in case you need to re-open the thread to post more up-to-date information about the tab issue.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

J Canuck Guest

Got it! Thank you for your help and recommendations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information