Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoof Protection Seting?

osc Guest

Default Spoof Protection Seting?

Please look before the screenshot.
    http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2694/osc.jpg

Where is this (SpoffProtection) setting ZAPRO interface?

Default Re: Spoof Protection Seting?

<blockquote><hr>osC wrote:
    Please look before the screenshot.
    http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2694/osc.jpg

Where is this (SpoofProtection) setting ZAPRO interface?
    <hr></blockquote>

Gee I have wondered spoof protection about this myself - but I never bothered to ask.
    My guess is it should be in the Advanced in the Main of the Firewall with the rest of those settings, but there is no setting for this to be seen.

On the other hand a few other features found in the backups are not seen in the ZA GUI.
    Disable the keylogger protection for the mouse and keyboard, and adjusting the user-agent in the headers, to keeping the firewall driver always on even if the ZA itself is turned off and a few other niffty features are to be found. I use a few of these myself.

But I never bothered with the spoof protection (behind two wired routers kind of reduces any chances of getting spoofed). Plus I got the dhcp and the dns nicely locked in with some rules.
    But I am glad you asked.

You can make the change for the spoof protection in the backup, by changing the false to true of course, and try it by restoring the edited backup.
    If you need that protection.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

osc Guest

Thanks for the explanation.

I tried to make a more active before spoof protection

Addition to these settings under the advanced settings ZA GUI would be more professional

osc Guest

Spoof Protection true and these values block is the connection problem live messenger

FWIN,2009/02/28,17:34:00 +2:00 GMT,207.46.106.39:1863,78.161.77.162:4874,TCP (flags:AP) BlockSpoof

FWIN,2009/02/28,17:34:00 +2:00 GMT,213.199.141.141:80,78.161.77.162:4875,TCP (flags:AS) BlockSpoof

FWIN,2009/02/28,17:34:00 +2:00 GMT,213.199.141.141:80,78.161.77.162:4876,TCP (flags:AS) BlockSpoof

Part of the problem is by showing the extra features in the ZA, the average user could be creating problems and so the extras are not shown. In this sense it is better not to show them - whereas the experts or professional will be able to understand these and set these properly.

On the other hand the features are there to be set in the backup, thus these are still accessible and are able to be customized as desired.

Many firewalls and antiviruses (and many other programs too) can be 'tweaked' or 'customized' by their .ini or .xml files which are not seen in the usual GUI of those programs. The ZA is no different from these other software.

My best answer to you ZA should add this is for you to contact the Customer Support and tell them you want these features added into the GUI.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

osc Guest

Spoof Protection of Privacy section can be added.
    I think this would be most appropriate.
    http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9273/blookspoof.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/265...merservice.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>osC wrote:
    Spoof Protection of Privacy section can be added.
    I think this would be most appropriate.
    http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9273/blookspoof.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/265...merservice.jpg
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately, this is a User Forum and we are all Users here..If you want to make your suggestions known to the Administration or Developers of ZoneAlarm, You must Contact ZA Customer Service Directly, as Guru Oldsod suggested..ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum.. There are two separate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or www.zonealarm.com/support/ click on Live Chat IconZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsformThank you in advance for you Cooperation in this matter..

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 03-01-2009 10:10 AM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

osc Guest

im ZA 15th anniversary promotion participant

i have a valid license key but not order number so i can't use the support service.

1.) all you need is a Valid Za License Key to contact ZA tech Support Free of Charge..2.) the Order Number and Date are not needed unless your download Purchase Transaction did not complete or your seeking a refund?

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 03-02-2009 08:28 AM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

osc Guest

ok
    im forwarded my request to support service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information