Thread: Zone Alarm -Stealth Mode

ecopolist Guest

Default Zone Alarm -Stealth Mode

Hey to everybody ......

First of all I have to admit, I enjoyed this site as a useful guidline using Zone Alarm in a proper way... So far I found many advices, hints ... Many thanks for that !!!!

Now to my specific problem:

I installed Zone Alarm Anti-Virus (Version 6.5.737.000) without any problem during the process uing the default settings.

Since a couple of days I can't set the firewall in "stealth mode" if I want to browse in the internet.
    I send a ping command and recieved an answer ... But using a browser, doesn't matter which one (e.g. IE, Firefox....), no website is displayed in "stealth mode".
    Setting Zone Alarm in "medium" for the Internet Zone everything is working properly

Does anyone has a clue ??? Had anybody made the same experience ?

Please let me know

Many thanks for Your assistence in advance

Cheers

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: Zone Alarm -Stealth Mode

Hi!yes, ZA 6.5 is not anymore compatible with Windows XP due to MS security updates last year.You need to update to ZA Version 7 or latest ZAversion 8.As a general rule, running an outdated security tool is like running almost no security.So, if you cannot update to latest version better you move to another security solution.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-25-2009 12:01 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ecopolist Guest

Hi Fax

First of all many thanks for Your comment and advice ..... Since yesterday Zone Alarm Version 7 was installed and I was trying to solve this problem concerning "Stealth mode". I went back to version 6.5 because I knew, there weren't any problemes concerning the setting of the "Stealth mode"... So just to check .....
    I did the up date procedure regulary in the past, because I'm pretty concernded about security issues. I agree to Your comment to 100 percent.

Using Version 7 the situation is the same. In "stealth mode" no website canbe loaded by Firefox or any other browser I was trying.

In the meantime I installed Version 8.0 and it's running smoothly ..... I only need to check the product key. It was not accepted. But I will find a solution !!!!!
    Maybe one more remark from Your side .......

Nevertheless ... Many thanks for Your service !!!!!!

It's good to have website like this ......

All the best

Additional information: Operation System: Windows XP - Service pack 3 - lates Security up date KB960714

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information