Thread: Apache and Zonealarm 8.0.059

ahmadr Guest

Default Apache and Zonealarm 8.0.059

I had used Zonealarm in the past on many machines, free and paid, including with Apache on XP.
    I've recently upgraded the firewall on my current system from a competitor to ZoneAlarm. However, Zonealarm blocks incoming connections to Apache (service, port 80). It doesn't even bring its normal popup asking whether to allow Apache as a server. Apache does show up in the Zonealarm program list, and I have tried setting it as super trusted and everything ticked, but Zonealarm is still blocking connections to Apache! I have tried resetting all ZA settings, and choosing full manual mode for the program list, to no avail.

The only way I have found is to create an expert rule allowing all incoming connections to port 80.

Is this a bug, or some type of "feature"?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Apache and Zonealarm 8.0.059

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ahmadr wrote:
    I had used Zonealarm in the past on many machines, free and paid, including with Apache on XP.
    I've recently upgraded the firewall on my current system from a competitor to ZoneAlarm. However, Zonealarm blocks incoming connections to Apache (service, port 80). It doesn't even bring its normal popup asking whether to allow Apache as a server. Apache does show up in the Zonealarm program list, and I have tried setting it as super trusted and everything ticked, but Zonealarm is still blocking connections to Apache! I have tried resetting all ZA settings, and choosing full manual mode for the program list, to no avail.

The only way I have found is to create an expert rule allowing all incoming connections to port 80.

Is this a bug, or some type of "feature"?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Apache is Web Server Software, and needs Full Server Rights..Try this..1.) in Program control - Program Control, give all related Utilities related to Apache Full Access Super Trusted Three Bars, All Green Check marks across the listing..
    2.) on the Same Entry, also Right click on that entry to Popup and aditional Configuration option.. Give two Check marks to the Top two enties..to allow all Apache Utilities to Enteract with other programs..3.) in Privacy Section Main tab, Turn OFF all three Privacy options.. Cookes Control, Ad-Blocking abd Mobil codes..4.) shut down Zone Alarm and Reboot computer to remove old setting from memory..Does Apache bork better now?--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:979526831
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5425
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ahmadr Guest

Thanks. I had already done #1 and #3, and #2 and #4 fixed it. However, I wonder why, since &quot;Enable advanced program control&quot; and &quot;Enable application interaction control&quot; in the main program control settings are disabled (medium setting).

Therefore, I assume it shouldn't have an effect

Your Welcome..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information