Thread: ZoneAlarm Firewall Config desktop tries to connect to laptop warning

purplemonkey Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Firewall Config desktop tries to connect to laptop warning

Good afternoon
    I have a very frustrating problem by which I am being driven to distraction.
    I have a desktop with zonealarm installed and also a laptop with Zonealarm installed.
    When both computers are switched on I am getting constant red alerts that my desktop is trying to connect to my laptop.
    I have tried to set filesharing off in vista network and sharing centre but it says configure your firewall to change these settings
    Why is my desktop trying to connect to my laptop and how do I configure Zonealarm to stop this mess...
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

purplemonkey Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Firewall Config desktop tries to connect to laptop warning

anyone?

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Firewall Config desktop tries to connect to laptop warning

Please Report the details ofyour Problem Directly to ZoneAlarm Tech support..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

beezaah Guest

Hi Purplemonkey,
    Sorry it took so long for someone to reply to your question. It appears that Zonelabs techs are not required to answer all forum questions and many users perhaps are fatigued from the onslaught, not interested or there are fewer than needed to accomplish the task. Here is an answer to your problem.
    Go to "Advanced Alerts and Logs Settings" and uncheck both boxes under Alert and Log columns
    for "Blocked Outgoing NetBios Name Requests". This should stop
    the alerts
    and entries in your logs.
    Hope that did it for ya!
    The beez

Thread Information