Thread: HP Printer/ZASS weird problem

wisedriver Guest

Default HP Printer/ZASS weird problem

I have spent at least 8 hours, online, with my sister -who talked to HP tech support for some 3 hours and also with the man who wrote the software/program for the online business form(s) she uses. Problem NOT solved:

My sister needs to print (HP Officejet 4680) a webpage on her business using Internet Explorer (8). She used to be able to do this. On my recommendation she installed ZASS on her HP notebook (Vista 64 bit).

What happens when she tries to print this webpage is that the printer will print many copies of the single page, even when "print this page only" or "page 1" is selected. The problem persists despite at least 10 hours of puzzling it over.

The problem goes away, i.e. she can print the webpage and one copy as wanted when ZA is uninstalled. When ZA is installed the printer prints many pages; it seems to print other things OK, perhaps not.

I've looked through the forum and have seen that Hewlitt Packard and ZA seem to have issues, but I haven't found one like this. I've applied "solutions" from other posts (creating execptions, other) but nothing works except an uninstall.

Any ideas? Help appreciated.

Operating System:Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

stupefy Guest

Default Re: HP Printer/ZASS weird problem

Try this:
    Clear the Spooler Print Queue
    (1) Disable the Spooler Service
    (2) Navigate to: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\spool\PRINTERS\ -and Delete the Contents (the contents not the folder)
    (3) Delete Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History in All Accounts
    (4) Delete the Contents of the TEMP Folder in C:\Windows and All Accounts (the contents not the folder)
    (5) Enable the Spooler Service
    (6) Reboot

wisedriver Guest

Thanks for the reply, but... when I looked in: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\spool\PRINTERS\ there was no folder named PRINTERS. Nothing. Odd in itself, I imagine. I changed printer setting to finish spooling before printing. Opened the web page that -by itself, only that particular web page, as far as I can remember- and printed. Opened the printer window to see the queue and WEIRD: showed the document to be printed and then, where it should have had 1/1, as in page one of one, it showed 3/1, then 3/2 and finally 3/3.... At that point my sister turned off the printer manually and said that without the power off that the printer would keep printing!

She has a HP notebook, with Vista 64bit and from all I've seen it looks like she got a "lemon" with that PC. Or the combo of Vista64bit and HP is not to be desired.

Any other ideas about the print problem?

Thanks.

Maybe this forum Link from Moderator may help..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=54162---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:981825296
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5665
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security