Thread: Anyone encounter problems whit ZoneAlarmSecuritySuite whe...

rurik Guest

Default Anyone encounter problems whit ZoneAlarmSecuritySuite whe...

Anyone encounter problems whit ZoneAlarmSecuritySuite when using onecare.com from Microsoft?
    All my personal settings and inputs (eg
    personal informations in myVAULT) disapper. It seems that ZA
    back to some kind of default values. This happens several times.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarmSecuritySuite +Microsoft Onecare- vault?

Depending on what services/ programs you are using from Onecare - if you have installed/ run
    it's anti-virus, then you may have caused a 'software conflict' &gt; which can manifest itself with various issues. Please specify your circumstances; exactly.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two
    'software firewalls'
    at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility/ 'removal tool'
    or if not available use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel. You can add/ use a 'hardware firewall' included
    in a
    Wired Router, Wireless Router or Broadband Gateway with your ZoneAlarm firewall.

At a minimum, home computers need to have personal soft-firewall and anti-malware software installed and kept up-to-date to find and remove viruses, spyware, Trojans and other malware. A home network that uses a wired or wireless router with firewall (hard-firewall)
    features provides additional protection.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility/ 'removal tool'
    or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.[*][*]Caution: Many of today's hybrid anti-spyware software may now include anti-virus protection; be aware they may conflict with your main anti-virus software. Please read the details of your chosen anti-spyware protection. New hybrid &quot;Anti-spyware with Anti-virus software&quot;
    :
    like Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware or PCTools SpywareDoctor with Integrated AntiVirus, or SunbeltSoftware CounterSpy with VIPRE, PCTools ThreatFire, paid versions of
    Lavasoft's Ad-Aware Plus + Ad-Aware Pro, Emsisoft
    A-Squared Anti-Malware 4.5 (free and paid versions) now contains anti-virus too, etc.<hr>If you have ZA Suite -firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware then it is not advisable to install Onecare's firewall, anti-virus ( you may however be able to keep Windows Defender).<hr>You can open up a two-way &quot;live service chat&quot; with Customer Service - click here &gt;Customer Service Live Chat
    &lt; click here to discuss your issue.[/list]

rurik Guest

Hello it me, Rurik again. Well maybe its differ from country to country what services Microsoft offers in Onecare. The only service i uses was cleaning the computer from junk files etc or/and repairer the registry. I do not use WindowsDefender or WindowsFirewall. Sometime I download and run Windows malicious software removal tool. Thanks.

Charles_B Guest

Never have used the Identity Protection of ZASS.I use online Clean Up twice a month.Never had any issues.I never use the Protection Scan.I think the Protection Scan runs under Active X plugin.Not running as resident.So there should not be an issue with ZASS.

From this site :

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/d...sah/?s_cid=sah

Hope this helps.

BTW : When you scan Clean Up.It also creates a system restore point.&quot; Cleaned registry with Live One &quot;.if you
    run into problems you can restore back.I ran it once just to see if it would work.It did restored back.

Message Edited by Charles_B on 05-25-2009 11:11 PM

Charles_B Guest

Default All my personal settings and inputs

Rurik wrote :
    All my personal settings and inputs (eg personal informations in myVAULT) disapper. It seems
    that ZA back to some kind of default values. This happens several times.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Maybe ZA settings got corrupted.Have you tried to reset.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

rurik Guest

Default Re: All my personal settings and inputs

Yes thanks. Maybe you are right. When I am run Clean-Up services under Onecare, my ZA get reset for some reasons I do not knew. But why? Or do You think that Onecare treated my personal settings in ZA as some kind of junk files? Do you suggest that I shall reset my Za to get rid of the problem? So in the future I can use Onecare again without any problems? My advises is Back-Up yours settings in ZA before doing any thing like that.

Charles_B Guest

Just a suggestion.If you do a reset,I myself would not restore ZA settings.You could introduce the problem back again.

Hope this helps.

rurik Guest

What do you mean? Is my ZoneAlarmInternetSecuritySuit corrupt? Or is my settings in Za bad or is Onecare not god? Why must a program from a third party vendor
    show that ZA files or settings are corrupt? Why can not ZA it self show me
    what is wrong?
    From my point of view it seems that Onecare force Za
    to reset. Is it not enough to make a clean uninstall

and then reinstall Za instead of a reset to get rid off the problem?

Charles_B Guest

Like I mention before, I use online Clean Up twice a month.Never have had any issues with
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite.Sorry suggestion were not relevant to your current issue.I have
    no other suggestion to offer.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can can contact free of charge the ZoneAlarm technical support at :

www.zonealarm.com/tsform

OR

Customer Service Live Chat at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Good Luck
    Have a nice Day

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:985569304
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0