Thread: How can I INSTALL a Keylogger?

genuine_yttri Guest

Default How can I INSTALL a Keylogger?

I searched keylogger and found nothing to answer my question. I hope you can help.

I want to install a keylogger on my computer. I m the only person who uses it. My memory is getting terrible (I m 63) and I want it as a backup for my failing memory.

I ve tried to install the old Family Keylogger I used years ago to watch my kids, but I m blocked unless I turn off ZA. Then when I reboot, it blocks it despite every exclusion I can give ZA. Please help. This is MY computer.

I ve used ZA for years (paid, of course) and just dumped a bunch of bucks on a 3 PC, 2 year Security Suite deal. I d like to be able to configure it to work for me, not against my wishes.

Please help.

Thanks

J

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by genuine_yttri on 06-26-2009 10:48 PM

Default Re: How can I INSTALL a Keylogger?

<blockquote><hr>genuine_yttri wrote:
    I searched keylogger and found nothing to answer my question. I hope you can help.

I want to install a keylogger on my computer. I m the only person who uses it. My memory is getting terrible (I m 63) and I want it as a backup for my failing memory.

I ve tried to install the old Family Keylogger I used years ago to watch my kids, but I m blocked unless I turn off ZA. Then when I reboot, it blocks it despite every exclusion I can give ZA. Please help. This is MY computer.

I ve used ZA for years (paid, of course) and just dumped a bunch of bucks on a 3 PC, 2 year Security Suite deal. I d like to be able to configure it to work for me, not against my wishes.

Please help.

Thanks

J

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>
    Keyboard and mouse hooks which are watched by the ZA can be disabled within the ZA's backup.xml
    Sorry there is no GUI interface, this must be done manually in the files.
    But it is a global switch for the hooks attempts that is either an On or Off setting, with no particular arrangements per specific programs.

Open the ZA and create a backup .xml configuration file.
    Open the new file with the notepad.exe (not the internet explorer).
    Scroll down to the .....

&lt;/imsecure&gt;
    &lt;applications securityLevel="high" alertOnBlock="true" denyAskIfNoUI="true" tempAllowRequiresAuth="true" moduleTracking="true" clearoldEntries="true" disableParentCheck="false" disableProcProtect="false" disableKeyboardMouseProtection="false" askOnListen="true" disableAdvProgProtect="false" enableOpenProcess="true" programDisplay="custom" enableCBP="false" disableSendMessageProtect="false" disableDNSProtect="false" askUser="false" programAdvisor="off" PAGUID="" askPA="false" osfwSetting="true" osfwEnable="true" CurrentRunMode="high" DefaultRunMode="high" RunModeRevertDate=" "&gt;&lt;osfirewall majorVersion="1" minorVersion="15"&gt;
    &lt;rulegroup name="protourfiles"&gt;

and change the disableKeyboardMouseProtection="false" to disableKeyboardMouseProtection="true"

Then, Ok the change to the file when closing, and then restore the newly edited file back into the ZA.
    Then reboot to finalize the change in the ZA.

Then set the Program Control setting in the ZA to 'AutoLearn' or the perhaps middle level to make the ZA accept the new program (levels vary with different versions and releases) and gets trained for the new software.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

genuine_yttri Guest

Oldsod, my hat's off to you. It still wouldn't install until I shut off ZA. The program was still listed under programs ZA monitors from the previous install, so I just gave it permissions so when I rebooted everything is OK.

My thanks to you.

I'll bet you're not old at all. haha

J

You are welcome!
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.... (older than most and still younger than some).
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information