Thread: Open Ports for RealPlayer

caddetc Guest

Default Open Ports for RealPlayer

My issue is that everytime I open RealPlayer, the ZA alert asks if I want to allow RealPlayer to access my loopback adapter, using port XXXX. Just fill in the blank with a number, from 1029
    to 2789 (the port changes everytime that I DENY the access, and try again. As you can tell, I have OCD...<G>
    Also, I cannot find any info about using ports on the RealPlayer site. They have some good info, like the info you mentioned,
    but they also suggest that we "ask our Firewall software developer" about configuration. A screenshot would REALLY be helpful...
    I am NOT opening a port for them, unless I can successfully configure it, so I guess I will not listen today!!!
    Does anyone have info to help?
    Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Open Ports for RealPlayer

Hi!loopback adapter is your PC (127.0.0.0), you should have loopback adapter as trusted in ZA firewalltab --> ZoneIts normal that software needs to connect withyour system to work correctly and this is not limited to real playerI would suggest you ditch realplayer and install real alternative:http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htmCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Open Ports for RealPlayer

Or<H1>Update packs for the K-Lite Codec Pack</H1><P align=justify>KLCP gets updated frequently. However, there may be worthwhile updates to some of the included components in between releases of KLCP. The update pack below can be used to keep your current installation up-to-date.

<H4>version 4.9.5 ~ 4.2 MB ~ June 24th 2009</H4>http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 06-29-2009 10:44 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information