Thread: How to secure ZoneAlarm(FRee) settings from being changed by other users

sonyraymond Guest

Default How to secure ZoneAlarm(FRee) settings from being changed by other users

Hi,

I have installed ZoneAlarm (free) 8.0.298 onto a PC (XP SP3) which are shared by several users.
    I use the Administrator account to install the software. However, I found that when other
    users log on to the PC and he can change the settings (e.g. allowed IP address in zone)
    in ZoneAlarm. I want to protect those firewall settings to prevent being changed by other
    users except the OS Administrator.

Are they any way to protect the settings? By password? Or if there is a common file containing
    those settings, can I use windows security permission to set those settings file to readonly
    such that other users cannot update the setting files.

Thanks for your attention first,
    Raymond

Message Edited by SonyRaymond on 07-07-2009 11:32 PM

Default Re: How to secure ZoneAlarm(FRee) settings from being changed by other users

You probably are better off to buy a Pro license (it is for lifetime use, however the yearly subscription for upgrades and the spyware scanner updates are no longer available once the subscription expires).
    The ZA Pro does have the password protection - including preventing changes by other users.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information