Thread: Conversion of Fat32 to NTFS caused ZoneAlarm to lose all components

jbattin Guest

Default Conversion of Fat32 to NTFS caused ZoneAlarm to lose all components

The other day I converted to NTFS and when Windows XP restarted I noticed I had to do my allows for the individual programs again. Also all of the Trusted Zones were lost. From what I can tell the Programs and their settings exist now, but there are absolutely NO Components. Unfortunately I can't find a backup of the settings I did a few weeks ago. How can I get the components back? This is causing me havoc because there's things that will no longer run right (ie; realplayer never connects to the internet even though the options in Programs is set). I know it's something to do with the missing components.

Thanks for the help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Conversion of Fat32 to NTFS caused ZoneAlarm to lose all components

Hi!which version of ZA are you using? If you are not on 8.0.400.X, please update to it. When asked select "clean install" this way you will start fresh.www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/ If you have already the latest version, please reset the settings:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootAlso note that ZA program control --> components --> is empty by default UNLESS you activate the advanced program control under the ZA program control --> main --> custom.The latter is not necessary since the default settings provide enough protection. By enabling advanced program control settings you should expect an increase inpop-up windows from ZAHope this helpsCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jbattin Guest

I am on version 8.0.298.035 of Internet Security Suite. I did the reset as suggested, but all it did was clear out some of my settings under Programs and remove all the settings in my Trusted Zone. It did nothing to bring back Components. I had a whole list of them before the change to NTFS.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>JBattin wrote:
    I am on version 8.0.298.035 of Internet Security Suite. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually I have suggested to move to 8.0.400, resetting was if you were already on 8.0.400.000.Please read carefully my previous post. It is not complicated just a couple of concepts (clean install, reset, components, etc)

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>JBattin wrote:
    It did nothing to bring back Components. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Of course, component are supposed to be OFF, empty, none... don't know why you had them. I have also explained to you how to activate the components and the impact it will have. Up to you to decide.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information