Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezing on spyware scan

Default Re: STILL Freezing on spyware scan

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Machelle wrote:
    5) Booted into Safe mode;6) Attempted to launch ZASS in safe mode to no avail.WHAT NOW!? (This is really beyond aggravation)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!ZA antispyware scan should work in SAFE MODE.Did you open ZA manually?ZA firewall will not be functional but antivirus/antispyware will.Which exact version of ZA are you using? XP? VISTA? 7.0.337 or 7.0.408?Are you using windows defender? SpySweeper? Spyware Doctor?Are you affected by spyware or other infections?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

machelle Guest

Hi Guru Fax:
    ZA antispyware scan did not
    work in SAFE MODE.
    I did
    try to
    open ZA manually; it didn't work (nothing opened, nothing happened, and I tried many times...)
    I am using XP version 7.0.408.
    After uninstalling ZASS, I then uninstalled every last spyware, malware, AV I had *Before* doing the clean re-install. (BTW I had not done this initially since the reviews I had read said - and I quote- &quot;plays well with other security applications&quot.
    I don't know if I'm
    affected by spyware because, the scan won't get past 8%.
    I have 13 days left of my free trial... so far it's not looking like I'm going to be able to purchase this product!

Hi!ZA should load in SAFE MODE... and ZA AV/AS scan will work in SAFE MODESomething wrong with your system or ZA setup.If it is a ZA issue, the procedure below should enable youto start from a clean status.http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103If it is a system issues, I cannot really suggest what to do apart from cleaning your system from temp files and wrong registry entries.You can use ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com) Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 10-02-2007 03:17 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information