Thread: the memory could not be read

rolodex Guest

Default the memory could not be read

After the usual scan for viruses with the ZA security suite, I get the following messages the one after the other before the scanning is complete.

The instruction at "0x7c901010' referenced memory at "0x0179bc9c". The memory could not be read.
    click on ok to terminate the program

The instruction at "0x7c9010f3' referenced memory at "0x0179bc90". The memory could not be written.
    click on ok to terminate the program

thanking you in advance,
    please help

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

profzinc Guest

Default Re: the memory could not be read

Dude, I have the same problem. Did not have it before vr 7.

fdjkfdsiedsl Guest

I have the same problem on one of my computers.

It runs the scan at night and then this message shows up in the morning about every other day.
    I'm sure that one of the forum gurus will weigh in with an answer, but I've researched it and it appears that a total uininsall and reinstallation is the recommended answer.
    Several web sites seem to link a memory conflict with AOL products like AIM (which I don't have) to this problem.
    Keep in mind that to fix this we are not talking about a simple reinstallation on top of the existing product.
    A total and complete removal first and THEN a reinstallation

But don't take my word for it. I'm just going to live with it as long as I can because it is such a horrible pain to do a total uninstallation. The last one took me about 3 hours before I finally got all of the bugs worked out. It is harder in Vista than XP in my experience.

But wait and see what someone who knows the answer for sure says.

zaguyinca Guest

Today (10/1/07), after downloading latest virus definitions and running virus scan, I experienced the same thing:

Please read details:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...d=24104#M24104

I hope someone can help to solve this problem as I'm now not able to succesfully run a virus scan.

- ZAGuyinCA

rolodex Guest

don't know what to say, the problem just vanished the same way it came up. I didn't try anything to fix it until earlier in the morning which I run again the antivirus scan and as a miracle all went correct, think I'm lucky? thanks anyway hope the same happens to you all

Thread Information