Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZAP 7.0.408 Anti-spyware update does not complete

djnpt Guest

Default Re: ZAP 7.0.408 Anti-spyware update does not complete

Thanks, surfa!But I was just wondering if you could do an upgrade of a beta over an existing version and then the upgrade of the new release over the beta without the hassle of the uninstall/install process? I know how to do a clean uninstall, it's just that I've found upgrades work fine on my pc! I've read horror stories about the subscription screwing up and I just renewed for another 2yrs.! The only problem I have is what Eeight is haveing, AS shuts off trying to install file version 01. 200709.2415 to .2455.......and there is alot newer one out there now! AV updates fine!......plus it is still doing an automatic update and I have it set on manual!......have you tried beta .423 yet?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>DJnPT wrote:
    Thanks, surfa!But I was just wondering if you could do an upgrade of a beta over an existing version and then the upgrade of the new release over the beta without the hassle of the uninstall/install process?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, not possible... retail installer will detect the beta installer and request to remove the beta before installing the retail version.However, you may want to try to backup your settings (overview --&gt; preferences) and restore them once you have installed the retail version.But, never tried myself... so not sure it works.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

surfa Guest

Hi DJnPT!

No - haven't tried the beta .423 build yet. Think will stay with .415 until final release, since it has resolved the same problem you have experienced/described re updates &gt;= AS file version 01.200709.2415. Also, I've had a problem connecting with Home Page - after cold boot - which not encountered with either the beta (or in fact, the .408 build!).

Cheers.

bannor Guest

WRT backing up and restoring settings in ZAISS, I once tried to restore my backed-up settings to a new install, and terminated it manually after 20 minutes - it was still busy after 20 minutes of activity. Perhaps, if you are patient enough to wait until the process completes, it may work. But be warned - it takes a LONG time! I decided to just input all my old settings myself, manually. It's probably quicker! After all, how many custom settings are you likely to have anyway? Another Guru here confirmed that the process is very lengthly, so I didn't bother to try again. A bit pointless having the ability to back up your settings, actually.
    Bannor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information