Thread: ZoneAlarm stalls Comp for 30 secs - 1 min

lummie Guest

Default ZoneAlarm stalls Comp for 30 secs - 1 min

Hi there,
    I have been using ZoneAlarm for a while now and face an ongoing nuisance anytime I start the programme up. Now my computer is fairly slow in most conventional ways but for some odd reason even with almost no programmes running the startup of Zonealarm seems to stall the computer for between 30 secs to a 1 min. Im not entirely sure why and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I am not sure if its perhaps trying to connect to the internet and that might be why it stalls?

ZoneAlarm v7.0.337.000
    1000mhz CPU
    256mb Ram

Thanks everyone

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by lummie on 09-30-2007 09:44 PM

Default Re: ZoneAlarm stalls Comp for 30 secs - 1 min

I have the same issue with the same zonealarm software versions. Seems like it is reading the inbox again or something. Do you have a lot of emails in your inbox?

Hi!issue at startup have been improved in the latest version of ZA currently in BETA (7.0.423.000).You may want to wait for its official release (no precise ETA but soon) or update to version 7.0.408.000.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thank you - glad to see you are aware of the issue and are monitoring the forums. I'll let it shake out for a while with the new version and then update when it goes production. Does this happen automatically when I check for updates from ZA?

Hi!well, there is always a certain delay at boot in a system with/without ZA.This should be in the range of a minute or less. So, you cannot expect to notice NO delay at boot.Other issues like stalling may depend on many different factors... the ISP, specific configuration settings, ZA database corruption, conflicts with other security tools or resident programs.By the way, ZA does not monitor this board. We are all users here helping each other.Cheers,Fax

lummie Guest

Thanks for the help Fax,
    One last thing. Do I have to download the next versions. As stated in my first message my version is 7.0.337. I tried the check for updates but said that it was up to date.

Any ideas?

Hi!users of version 362 have received already the automatic notice while users of 337 not yet.ZA is testing a new version and most likely users of 337 will automatically jump to the next version and not 408.If you want to install 408 you will need to do it manually otherwise wait for the next release that should be out soon (no precise ETA yes)Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

lummie Guest

Cheers, Yeah that does help. Thanks for your help.

My situation is different that you describe. Outlook Express does not "zone out" every day and when it does the right listing of emails is blank for a while. This can happen anytime, not just on startup. Happened quite a bit, but has not happened for a while, I'll keep monitoring.

Thanks for the discussion.

Thread Information