I d/l'ed and installed the lastest ZA Virus Definitions (10/1/07) today, and now for the FIRST time get an error message in the middle of virus scanning, of which causes the scan to terminate, followed by the following error message:

The instruction at "0x7c901010' referenced memory at "0x0179bc9c". The memory could not be read.
click on ok to terminate the program

The instruction at "0x7c9010f3' referenced memory at "0x0179bc90". The memory could not be written.
click on ok to terminate the program

I then attempted to (remove) de-install ZA via add/remove programs and then re-install ZA, but the trouble merely became worse as reboot wouldn't allow Windows to load, requiring me to go into SAFE MODE to then attempt de-installing ZA again, but after doing that, I still found the ZA folder(s) in my PC's: 'Programs Files' Folder, and subsequently removed those folders manually in hopes of completely removeing all traces of ZA b4 attempting to re-install the program. I'm now reluctant to re-install ZA after experiencing these problem wondering if ZA is truly completely de-installed.

Please advise what caused the scanning problem and how I to proceed at this point. I assume I need to make sure ZA (including True Vector) is completely de-installed before reinstalling ZA, right? Please provide step by step instructions on how to get ZA back up and running correctly again.

Thank you.

ZAGuyinCA

Software STATS:

ZA Internet Security Suite 7.0.337.000
True Vector Security Engine 7.0.337.000
Driver Version: 7.0.337.000
Anti Virus Engine version 3, DAT file version 20071001162000
Anti Spyware engine version 5.0.162.0, DAT File version 01.200710.2515
AntiSpam Version 4.9.1.8211

Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2 (latest auto d/l update)

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite