Thread: Scheduled scan hangs

Default Scheduled scan hangs

I am running Zone Alarm Security Suite using XP Home as my OS. I have 2 gig of ram and probably 100gig of free space on my HD. I run a daily virus scan from the scheduler. The scan starts and scans around 1800 files then hangs up. I would sit there looking like it was working while in effect it is just hung. I have to stop the scan manually which takes forever. After stopping all programs I have to restart the computer, and then restart (manually) the scan, whereupon it runs to completion in about 45 minutes. I have been using ZA for many years, and have had irritations with it, but I have always just shrugged and let them go. This inability to schedule a daily scan and have it executed will make me reconsider when my subscription expires in a few months. Of course I do know that the admin people here do not have anything to do with ZA and whether it works properly, but I am hoping that complaints like mine get passed up the line to someone who does have some authority. In the meantime, any help offered is appreciated.
    Bob H,

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Scheduled scan hangs

I am not sure of the policy here of bumping a thread back up the page, but since this has garnered no response, and I need some information I am bumping it. Please advise if you can help, or if you know the policy about bumping. Thanks.

Default Re: Scheduled scan hangs

Hi!

first of all this forum is not monitored by ZA staff, we are all users here.
    If you are a licensed user you can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Have you tried to scan your system in SAFE MODE?
    You have to run your ZASS manually because it will not start in SAFE MODE.
    Also note that ZA firewall will not work but AV/AS should.

See if it hangs also in SAFE MODE. May be there is a corrupted file that hangs the scan.

Also double check you are on the latest version of ZA (7.0.462.000).

Any particular need to scan your system daily? If you keep your ZASS active and always updated there is no need to scan your system every day nor every week. Once per month should be more than enough.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information