Thread: ANTI-VIRUS DEACTIVATED: WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE IT SAYS "THE SERVER IS BUSY"!

Hybrid View

diana_prince Guest

Default ANTI-VIRUS DEACTIVATED: WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE IT SAYS "THE SERVER IS BUSY"!

I saw another post here where a person complained about their anti-virus being deactivated.
    The answer provided there did not help me.
    I believe my zonealarm program has been hacked to deactivate the anti-virus scanning.
    The option to turn it on is greyed out.
    When I try to update anti-virus I get a message saying the the anti-virus is update but the server is busy.
    The time and date on my computer is current HOWEVER when I try to access time/date via control panel I get an error message.

I downloaded the free AVG antivirus online and ran a scan.
    AVG found the Win32 virus and removed the infected files but I am still unable to get zonealarms virus scan activated.
    When I run a spyware scan I see the Win32 Trojan file being scanned.
    Please, if there is anyone who can provide advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you for your time and attention in advance.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro x64
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Edit:
    OK I tried a clean uninstall of Zonealarms and when I attempted to re-install I get an error message "validation failed".
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by diana_prince on 10-06-2007 10:26 PM

lawver Guest

Default Re: ANTI-VIRUS DEACTIVATED: WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE IT SAYS "THE SERVER IS BUSY"!

I am having the same problem.
    Has anyone found a solution yet?
    I am waiting on tech support to email me.

Thread Information