Thread: Bizarre ZA Antivirus Issue

vince_c Guest

Default Bizarre ZA Antivirus Issue

Hello

I purchased and installed ZA Antivirus for Small Business on a customer's computer today. Now, not even Quickbooks functions on their system.

I completed the installation and update without issues. I started scanning, and around the 90% mark, a ZA window appeared stating that an update was completed and to restart the system.

I waited until the scan was completed; Removed a few issues, then restarted the system. This is when the problems started...

At this time I can't even access the command console, msconfig, MSIE, or any other applications. I constantly receive the Windows Alert that I don't have permission to access this resource. I can open Windows Explorer and search, but that's about it. I can't even open Add/Remove Programs, Network Connections, but I can open the Control Panel. ZA doesn't start up, and the only odd thing I see in the Task Manager is the ZA ScanningProcess.exe that is running but is not using any resources...

This is a business system, and I'm about to contact the Premier support line to resolve unless someone here knows of the solution... The business is at a stand still until this is fixed.

Can someone Please help?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

vince_c Guest

Default Re: Bizarre ZA Antivirus Issue

Well this ended up being an easy fix after all...

All I had to add was " /clean" to the uninstall application link and run the uninstall in Safe Mode.

Viola! It completely uninstalled ZA, and the reinstall works fine.

Everything is working again.

Just thought I'd share that info!

Thread Information