Thread: Scanningprocess.exe one and two times in Proces explorer (Windows taakbeheer)

ceasar Guest

Default Scanningprocess.exe one and two times in Proces explorer (Windows taakbeheer)

Ik have read on this forum several times that with version 7.0.462.000 security suite you get two times Scanningprocess.exe. Ik have two pc's in house and one of them has one scanning process
    ( 8.2 MB)and the other one has two scanningproces.exe files (24 en 25 MB). So who can explain me the difference? I cannot explain the two versions. And it slows down the process. A month ago I had the two versions on the other pc as well. I reinstalled Zone alarm and it was gone. I did this yesterday on the pc with the two versions but it didn't workPlease Help. Otherwise I am forces to go to another company because this is frustrating
    Ceasar

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Scanningprocess.exe one and two times in Proces explorer (Windows taakbeheer)

Hi!the number of scanningprocesses.exe is related to the processor you have installed.If you have a dual core or an Intel doing Hyperthreading you will see TWO scanning processes. If you have an old single processor you will see only one executable. This is by design and intended.To speed up your system you should ensure you are not running un-necessary services at boot and that you do not run other overlappingsecurity tools at boot (e.g. antispyware/antivirus/HIPS/etc).You should also have enough RAM available on your system. Scanning process will consumer 24-25MB only when active. Normally you should see them consuming 500kb-8MB.If you always see 24/25 MB it means that something is continuosly written on your system and the AV engine is checking it.Sometimes bad configuration of your ZASS can create problems to the ZA own processes.You can try to reset your settings and not restoring any previous backup.This way:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootTo improve performances and check for error you could do the following:1. Disable unnecessary services running at startup;2. Using msconfig to isolate the application/services creating problems to ZA3. Check system logs and see if there is any error or services delaying the system or hangingOn point 1, see here (for example):http://www.pctipsbox.com/disable-unnecessary-services/On point 2 try the following:1.) Click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor, and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computerHow does it work?
    NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.
    On point3 do the following:Go to start --> Run --> type eventvwr --> double click on "system" and review the log.Any services taking a long time to start? (see timing between one and another service)Hope this helps,FaxP.S. Please note that ZA staff does not monitor this forum. We are all users here.If you are not happy with ZASS you are indeed free to try any other security toos that work best for your system.If you are a register user of ZASS you can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Message Edited by fax on 03-16-2008 02:50 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information