TrueVector version:7.0.337.000
    Driver version:7.0.337.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071010075000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.176.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2585
    AntiSpam version:4.9.1.8211
    I keep getting Warnings
    that a program is trying to use something. This action is blocked until I give it permission by clicking on "Allow". I also check the box to allow future actions such as this.Zone Alarm must be quite stupid because it does no realize that I have checked the box consistently for the past six months.What can I do to make Zonealarm remember?Bill

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: Why don't it learn?

Dear blockied:

Next time that happens, take a screenshot of the ZAISS alert popup. Then click the Program Control panel, Programs tab, and find the program that is triggering this alert and edit the permissions to it directly. What could be happening is that SmartDefense Advisor has different settings for this program and is changing it back to the settings it has. You will be able to tell if the SmartDefense column for this program has the value of Auto.
    Once you edit the permissions directly, this value will change to Custom and SmartDefense Advisor will not change it back.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

ragomez Guest

I'm having the same problem...
    The same alerts keep coming up for months...
    But I have gone into Program control and given the program in question all "green checkmarks" (allow) in all categories...
    BUT ZA never remembers my choices...
    VERY FRUSTRATING.
    It's been so frustrating in fact, that today I was going to contact Technical Support to see if I could remedy the problem... Only to find my options are either to use this forum or pay more money to a software vendor who obviously has a defective product.
    Instead of spending more money for the "possibility" of finding a solution, I will begin looking for a replacement...

watcher Guest

Dear ragomez:

I couldn't say for sure in your case because of the limited info provided. I have had only 1 example where I get pop-ups after I've performed the configuration. That is with Firefox. Despite editing it in the programs' list to block Internet-Server, and despite blocking Internet servers globally in the Advanced Settings dialog box, I continue to receive pop-up alerts that it is trying to act as a server.

One possibility could be the Program Control panel, Main tab. If the slider control for the Program Control section is set to High, programs must ask for Internet access and server rights and the warning dialog, when you set it to High, states that you will receive more alerts. You could try setting the slider to Medium to see if this resolves the problem. I have not tried this as I only use Firefox as a backup browser and I prefer higher security.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information