Thread: Whenever i'm downloading something VSMON.exe takes up a lot of cpu resources.

fissure Guest

Default Whenever i'm downloading something VSMON.exe takes up a lot of cpu resources.

It's extremely annoying, how do i fix this?

I've reinstalled Zone Alarm, Restarted it, I'm using Zone Alarm free.

Message Edited by FISSURE on 10-11-2007 10:59 AM

cyberstorm_five Guest

Default Re: Whenever i'm downloading something VSMON.exe takes up a lot of cpu resources.

VSMON is your scanning engine and when you are downloading it offers protection at the cost of resources, How much is it using, btw? What type of system are you running, Software Hardware, more info the better able we all are to offer suggestions. I do not use the free version but I would imagine it is no different than vsmon on ZASS, so although it is somewhat memory intensive it is still faster and lighter than most other scanning engines by competitors.

fissure Guest

Default Re: Whenever i'm downloading something VSMON.exe takes up a lot of cpu resources.

Sorry i took so long to reply.

I have a 2.39 GHz intel pentium processor

512 MB's Ram

the zone alarm free firewall.

Whenever i download something the cpu usage of vsmon switches between 40% and 100%

I'm currently using Firefox, i've tried it with Internet Explorer too and vsmon still uses a lot when i downloaded using IE. For some reason if i download something using a download resumer, like Flashget then vsmon doesn't take up anything, seems to only happen when i directly download using an Internet Browser.

fissure Guest

It's still happening.

I'm using the free version of the zone alarm firewall.

Help me please.

fissure Guest

It's still being **bleep**py, thanks for all your apparent help..........

Help me dammit

fissure Guest

This is just getting crazy now.

Help me dammit, i'm sick of this **bleep**. This is the most unhelpful forum on the net.

Thread Information