Thread: Authentium & ZoneAlarm Internet Security - are they related?

joshgrey Guest

Default Authentium & ZoneAlarm Internet Security - are they related?

Can anyone tell me if the latest release of ZoneAlarm Internet Security uses Authentium? Since the last "application update", I've been suffering frequent system lock ups. When I consult the event viewer logs, I find that dvpapi has failed (normally at boot up) and then other releated Authentium services fail at a later point and that seems to trigger the system failure. No BSOD or anythnig but a crude power-off re-boot.
    If I/ZoneAlarm doesn't need the Authentium service then I'd just as soon stop it trying to start up.
    If it is part of the (increasingly irritating) AV feature of ZA IS, then I'll have to
    dump the AV part of ZA and use Kaspersky or similar instead...
    Any help would be useful.
    Thanks in advance

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

loveyouforever Guest

Default Re: Authentium & ZoneAlarm Internet Security - are they related?

You shouldn't run two or more av engines/firewalls on one system at the same time. You have to decide whether you want to stay with ZoneAlarm Internet Security or with Authentium Antivirus.

BTW: ZoneAlarm Antivirus and ZoneAlarm Internet Security feature portions of the Kaspersky scan engine.

Regards,

loveyouforever

eeight Guest

Hmm well I dono bout this
    "Authentium" deal but I'm wonderin why you would load a version stated to be ONLY for Vista on a XP pro machine.?
    I loaded the beta .415 3 weeks ago and so far i ain't had any kind of problem at all man, I mean none, This beta .415 for "XP" is right on. So maybe you need to change to the version made for XP.
    My only concern is I wish they would release a final so I don't have to load .423 and find some other bug.

================================================== ================================================== =======Quote
    "Can anyone tell me if the latest release of ZoneAlarm Internet Security uses Authentium? Since the last "application update", I've been suffering frequent system lock ups. When I consult the event viewer logs, I find that dvpapi has failed (normally at boot up) and then other releated Authentium services fail at a later point and that seems to trigger the system failure. No BSOD or anythnig but a crude power-off re-boot.
    If I/ZoneAlarm doesn't need the Authentium service then I'd just as soon stop it trying to start up.
    If it is part of the (increasingly irritating) AV feature of ZA IS, then I'll have to
    dump the AV part of ZA and use Kaspersky or similar instead...
    Any help would be useful.
    Thanks in advance

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite"

================================================== ================================================== ===

joshgrey Guest

Thanks for the replies so far. Sorry if I was not clear....
    I am using whatever the latest XP compliant version of ZA is.
    I know not to run 2 AV apps together but I wasn't aware (!) that I had installed and was running another aside from ZA.
    My question was is this Authentium part of ZA since as far as I know ZA doesn't actually write it's own AV, it uses someone elses.

Hope that helps since I still need to know if I can simply stop the Authentium thing from trying to start at every boot up.

Thread Information