Thread: This is all GREEK to me Trojans??

arlenem Guest

Default This is all GREEK to me Trojans??

I have run my Z. A. scan and what do I do with the Items in the Detail BoxURL: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@2o7[1].txt
    URL: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@metacafe.122.2o7[1].txt
    URL: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@nielsen.112.2o7[1].txt
    URL: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@paypal.112.2o7[1].txt

How do I get rid of these little devils.
    I was hoping that Z.A. would do the remove, delete, quarentine thing that I paid for.I am a beginner at this and the last maleware-trojan has had me updating and running the anti-spyware-anti-virus at least 3 times a day and it is always filled with spyware..Why are these repeaters not stopped.thank you in advance for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: This is all GREEK to me Trojans??

These are not troyans. Notice they have the .txt file extension? These are just text files, not executible files. Notice the location? It is in the cookie folder. These are cookies. The cookie folder is only used by the IE. Third party cookies can be blocked in directly in the Internet Explorer or in the Internet Options.
    Notice these cookies come from 2o7? That is usually understood as being from 2o7.net which is part of omniture.com. Omniture is considered a tracking company or third party. Not directly involved with either the site or the user. However often these tracking cookies or third party cookies are needed for the site interaction.
    However, the third party cookies can be also blocked off in the Privacy of the Zone Alarm and set for being allowed from specific sites. The Provacy has a cooki/cache cleaner for removing cookies before doing the antispy scans, thus having the cookies not appear in the scans, since they have been removed before hand. The Internet Explorer can also remove the cookies in the Tools section, thus skipping the need to do antispyware scans to remove just some simple cookies.

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information