Thread: Antivirus update seems to work but signature remain OLD!!!

robyschwarz Guest

Default Antivirus update seems to work but signature remain OLD!!!

Hi,
    I have this kind of problem:
    When ZA connect to update antivirus signature i see the bar (on update window) that advance of one/two steps, then stop. After a while (10-20 seconds) it goes immediately to the end and begin to install update. When finished it says update complete. But when i check the signature on main tab it show always an older version.
    Here my version:
    20070506085000 of Antivirus dat files.
    The antispyware seems ok. Here the version:
    01.2007.10.2695.I have tried to do a clean uninstall and install the .362 version, but in this case the same happens and the signature of dat file is "empty", whitout no value.I use Italian version of ZASS.
    Any suggestion?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Antivirus update seems to work but signature remain OLD!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>RobySchwarz wrote:
    Hi,
    I have this kind of problem:
    When ZA connect to update antivirus signature i see the bar (on update window) that advance of one/two steps, then stop. After a while (10-20 seconds) it goes immediately to the end and begin to install update. When finished it says update complete. But when i check the signature on main tab it show always an older version.
    Here my version:
    20070506085000 of Antivirus dat files.
    The antispyware seems ok. Here the version:
    01.2007.10.2695.I have tried to do a clean uninstall and install the .362 version, but in this case the same happens and the signature of dat file is "empty", whitout no value.I use Italian version of ZASS.
    Any suggestion?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback to this User Forum....There were a lot of Problems with the Updates of AV in the American version of .362, some related to the Kaspersky AV Engine in the 7.0.362.000 ZAAV and ZASSsome have beeb corrected in the New 7.0.408.000 (American Version) and a new Update to the Kaspersky AV is being tested in the Current ZASS for XP BETA Test of 7.0.445.000 (American Version)Since you are using the I use Italian version of ZASSIt would be Benificial for all Users if you would report your finding to ZA Tech Support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite XP Beta version:7.0.445.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.445.000
    Driver version:7.0.445.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:928614949
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2695
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

robyschwarz Guest

Yes, i have already post the same question to tech lab.Did You think that upgrading to latest beta (english) will solve the problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>RobySchwarz wrote:
    Yes, i have already post the same question to tech lab.Did You think that upgrading to latest beta (english) will solve the problem?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The English ZASS XP Beta 7.0.445.000 Anti-Virus Signature Numbers change 3 or 4 time per day..In fact it has changed since my last message to you..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite XP Beta version:7.0.445.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.445.000
    Driver version:7.0.445.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:928678499
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200710.2705
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

robyschwarz Guest

Here the Tech Support reply:******************************************** ******************************I understand that you are concerned about antivirus updates inZoneAlarm. I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may becausing you.
    If you are not receiving any error messages, and the date of the lastupdate changes on the Antivirus/Antispyware -&gt; Main tab, the updates arelikely working properly.
    You can check the Alerts &amp; Logs -&gt; Log Viewer tab under the Antivirus alerttype to ensure that the updates are working as they should. If the updatesare working correctly, this screen will show 'update completed' under theAction column here.********************************************* *******************************
    so, it seems
    i have no problem...... i'm not so sure about it.

Thread Information