Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm causes 3rd party application to run slowly to to appear to "hang".

Hybrid View

ghayes Guest

Default ZoneAlarm causes 3rd party application to run slowly to to appear to "hang".

ZoneAlarm currently causes PerfectDisk (Microsoft Certified defragmenter) to run slowly or appear to "hang". We currently recommend to our customers to temporarily remove/disable ZoneAlarm in order to run PerfectDisk - and this resolution is publically posted in our KB. However, we don't feel that temporarily removing/disabling ZoneAlarm is in the best interest of our common customers. I would appreciate if somebody from ZoneLabs would get in direct contact me with (my direct contact information can be found below) so that we can discuss this issue and try to identify what is going on and resolve.Regards,Greg HayesManager, Technical Solutions

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

*** Link Edited out *** Please refer to Forum Guidelines http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...;message.id=18

Message Edited by SlyFox on 10-31-2007 01:32 PM

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm causes 3rd party application to run slowly to to appear to "hang".

PLEASE REPORT this to TECH SUPPORT, as soon as possible. PLEASE give Tech Support the opportunity to HELP YOU with this issue. Here is the link and PLEASE send it to them.

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...ch_support.jsp

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. loveyouforever Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm causes 3rd party application to run slowly to to appear to "hang".

I think some users already did, so they ought to know about it - see here:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=45641

Regards,

loveyouforever

Thanks for the link.Okay, I will forward that link info and the other post that I had answered to the Forum Moderator and hopefully get this issue taken care of, one way or another. If I get an answer, then I will post back into this thread or perhaps the Forum Moderator will reply.SlyFox

Message Edited by SlyFox on 10-31-2007 02:19 PM

5. loveyouforever Guest

You are welcome. (Never thought about writing those three words to a guru one day, lol! )

Thank you for handing over the information to the developers.

Best regards,

loveyouforever

Hi,YOU are Very Welcome.I AM Totally Committed into HELPING EVERY MEMBER on this forum with their issues, if I can. I will try my very best to get each member's issues resolved and hopefully when they leave the forum, they will be very happy and always know that this forum will be here to help them, when any problems should come up.Okay, I received an answer to these TWO Issues and I was NOT HAPPY with the answer, therefore I return the info back to Tech Support for further review. So, I am waiting on what has been decided or hopefully a better solution than what I received.I WILL post back as soon as I hear from Tech Support.Thank you all for your time and have a Great Weekend!SlyFox

7. Default Re: ZoneAlarm causes 3rd party application to run slowly to to appear to "hang".

This is a separate issue.
    This issue is a windows crash caused by srescan.sys.
    The issue just posted about is ZA causing our app to run extremely slow or to "hang".

- Greg

Both issues were reported to the Forum Moderator, therefore will be forwarded to the Tech Support. If I hear anything I WILL POST BACK in this thread or hopefully the Forum Moderator will post back.SlyFox

9. Default Re: ZoneAlarm causes 3rd party application to run slowly to to appear to "hang".

I'm disappointed that somebody from ZoneAlarm hasn't yet contacted me directly regarding this issue.
    At this point in time, Raxco is telling our customers to remove ZoneAlarm from their system so that it will not cause PerfectDisk to run
    slowly or "hang".
    We are starting to get questions from our customers asking us for recommendations on a different security software to use.
    Greg Hayes
    Manager, Technical Solutions
    Raxco Software, Inc.
    Microsoft MVP 2003-2007
    Windows Server/File Systems

krochat Guest

Here's the contact info I got from tech support ( see http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=25831
    for details)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello Kim,
    Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.
    I understand that you are stating that Raxco has been trying to contactZoneAlarm to fix this issue.
    For them to contact ZoneAlarm, they will needto visit the PASS program link from the link below.
    This will allow thecompany to contact us so we can work with them on any issues that theyare finding.
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&lang=en

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information