truepan Guest

Default Scanning hangs

Recently installed ZoneAlarm Security Suite V 7.0.408.000

TrueVector security engine v 7.0.408.000

Drive v. 7.0.408.000

Anti Virus engine V 3, DAT file version

Anti-spyware engine v 5.0.187.0, DAT file version 01.200710.2735

AntiSpam version 5.0.6.8903

Keep getting a windows security alert telling me I have no Firewall installed and that no virus protection is found (although AOL software recognises it)?

Also, every time I run the virus scanner it seems to get stuck, the clock keeps ticking but it stops scanning files (although states it has found 1 infection).
    Whilst the scanner seems to be frozen it is however using virtually all my systems resources (windows task manager says the scan (scanningProcess.exe *2) plus vsmon.exe is using huge amounts of memory).
    I can t shut it down either having to turn my system off to close the scanning process?

I have tried totally uninstalling and reinstalling ZoneAlarm Security Suite as per the instructions given in the technical help section, but to no avail.

System;

Asus A8v Deluxe

AMD Athlon64 3500+ (2.2GHz)

1GB DDR-SDRAM

ATI AIW 9800pro

Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS

Windows XP 5.1 (build 2600) SP2

Spybot search & Destroy 1.4

Ad-Aware SE Personal SE 106

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Scanning hangs

Hi truepan,
    Hope the following helps you:
    Issue #1 Windows security center does not see the ZASS firewall:
    1- Offline, turn off ZASS2- Enable the Windows firewall3- Reboot the computer4-Enable ZASS5-in the ZASS Control Center, click on Firewall Tab->click on Main Tab->click on Advanced (down at the bottom right corner)-> check Disable Windows Firewall (under General Settings)Reboot the computer and now Windows security center should see the ZASS firewall.
    Issue#21- You are indicating an infection2-Boot into Safe Mode (usually F8) at startup3-Run a full scan in SAFE MODE with ZASS, quarantine infections.4-Run an online scan -- an easy one with no installation and very effective is at www.ewido.net
    See if this helpsFindley

Thread Information