Thread: ZoneAlarm Found Virus on My Machine but no info on ZoneAlarm Website

jrjlab Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Found Virus on My Machine but no info on ZoneAlarm Website

During a routine scan of my computer ZoneAlarm Pro found and quanantined a virus, which it identified as Trojan.HTML.Agent.e.
    When I tried to get more info on this bad boy, by clicking on the LearnMore link on the scan results page, it showed nothing found on the ZoneAlarm Web Site.
    Further manual searching for a combination of the name found nothing.
    Anybody know what this virus is and how I might have gotten infected?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Found Virus on My Machine but no info on ZoneAlarm Website

Dear jrjlab:

I didn't find any info on this, either. I googled it but the results, when I checked the first 3, didn't bring up anything re this. Can you post what it states in the Advice, Description, and Risk sections below the listing for the quarantined file(verbatim, please)?

It could be a false positive. However, I would leave it quarantined until you know for sure. If it quarantined a good file, you might have a program that no longer works.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

jrjlab Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Found Virus on My Machine but no info on ZoneAlarm Website

The Z Scan Results screen showed the following:
    Name: Trojan.HTML.Agent.eTreatment:
    QuarantinedRisk: HighType: VirusStatus: Treatment succeeded.
    No further action is required for this item.Information: This item was quarantined.Detail Box: (nothing was in this area)
    Learn more link:
    When clicked this item brings up IE and goes to ZoneAlarm site, but displays: There are no matching records for Trojan.HTML.Agent.e. Please try your search again.
    Note: I have installed ZoneAlarm ForceField recently, and also APS PowerChute software,
    Has anybody had false positives with either of these?

watcher Guest

Dear jrjlab:

No, I meant from the Quarantine tab. Click Privacy panel, Quarantine tab, and click on the entry in question to highlight it. Below, you will see the Advice, Description, and Risk fields. Please post what it states here verbatim.

Thanks,

WATCHER

jrjlab Guest

Dear Watcher,
    I am confused.
    My Privacy Panel does not contain a Quarantine Tab, only tabs for Main, Site List, and Cache Cleaner.
    The Anti-Virus Panel contains a Quarantine tab, but it doesn't have the information that you are requesting.
    For viruses, it only has fields for Infection Name, Days in Quarantine, and Path.
    I am running Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.0.337.
    This must be different from yours.

watcher Guest

Dear jrjlab:

Yes, I run ZAPRO but I was talking about the Anti-spyware panel, Quarantine tab. Sorry about that.

WATCHER

Message Edited by WATCHER on 11-05-2007 05:05 PM

Thread Information