Thread: Re: Error when updating ZA Anti-Virus and ZA Anti-Spyware - Possible Solution

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Error when updating ZA Anti-Virus and ZA Anti-Spyware - Possible Solution

The following worked for one member already, but at least you can try it and see if it works for you also.

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry that you are having issues with ZA and hopefully I will be able to help you find a solution.

PLEASE do the following and then PLEASE let me know if both of your issues are solved, THANKS.

PLEASE complete a FULL SCAN of Your ZA Anti-Virus and ZA Anti-Spyware feature ONLINE. Hopefully it will update after both scans.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

legacykeeper Guest

Default Re: Error when updating ZA Anti-Virus and ZA Anti-Spyware - Possible Solution

In my case, the antivirus definitions download properly, as indicated by the progress bar, but
    gets stuck
    "applying update settings". I am
    using Windows 98, but other posts indicate this isn't the problem. (I'm not allowed to say why.) I am using
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite, (the last version
    for Win98, 6.1.744.001)
    and no other spyware or antivirus programs. My question is: In what state should I do the recommended full scan? Should I do it
    while the update is stuck 'applying update settings'?,
    Should I cancel the update in ZoneAlarm, (which leaves the process running,
    saying 'update in progress')?.
    Or should I cancel the update using CTL-ALT-DEL, (which closes ZoneAlarm Security Suite totally, thus
    requiring a restart for security, since online with DSL)?

Thread Information