Thread: isafeif.dll & vetredir.dll not found but listed in registry -- is that OK? V7.0.337

jrwooden Guest

Default isafeif.dll & vetredir.dll not found but listed in registry -- is that OK? V7.0.337

I am long time user of ZA and am currently running the ZA ISS registered edition of 7.0.337.0
    I tried upgrading to 7.0.408.000 but it kept my e-mail program (Eudora) from connecting to the internet and I could not figure out why so I downgraded back to .337

Anyway, a registry cleaner program (CCleaner) I use noted that I have two missing DLLs

C:\Windows\system32\ZoneLabes\isafeif.dll & vetredir.dll

I know these were key files in earlier versions of ZA but are they actually needed/part of .337?
    I ask as a search of my hard drive does not find them, and I know some virus/trojans do try to delete these files in order to cripple ZA. ZA appears to be working fine... do I need to be worried?

Thanks,
    Jim

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: isafeif.dll & vetredir.dll not found but listed in registry -- is that OK? V7.0.337

Yes these are safe to delete.
    Also look for these files in the windows directory or in the system32 folders and remove any of the associated registry keys:

AVShlExt.dll
    ISafeIf.dll (you have found this one's registry key remmant)
    iSafProd.dll
    VetRedir.dll
    VetEBoot.sys
    VetEFile.sys
    VetFDDNT.sys
    Vet-Filt.sys
    VetMonNT.sys
    Vet-Rec.sys

Best regards, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: isafeif.dll & vetredir.dll not found but listed in registry -- is that OK? V7.0.337

I also found this guideline from CA about cleaning up the AV remmants...

http://homeofficekb.ca.com/CIDocumen...C3973A9E8E2EC3

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

jrwooden Guest

Thanks Oldsod!!!

When CCleaner came up with those I was afraid that I was no longer "fully" protected!

Jim

It is best to be careful. Just one or two careless mouse clicks and something may have to get reinstalled. I have done it to myself several before - I've ended up using a saved registry hive or creating new keys from scratch (to get the deleted keys back), ran special .REG repair files to fix mistakes and have done the software uninstall/reinstall too. Best regards. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information