I just installed ZoneAlarm Antispyware (Version 7.0.408.000) on my Thinkpad T60 (WinXP Pro XP2). Shortly after everything was done I sent the laptop to hibernation, then when I tried to start it up the problem emerged: on the screen it first asks for fingerprint, I scan my finger, a window pops up saying that "There was a problem connecting to a critical service. It is possible that anti-virus or firewall is blocking the connection. Also check to make sure that the TPM device is installed and enabled". After clicking on "OK", it'll ask for finger scan again and then show me the same error message over and over. The only thing I can do is to force shut off the computer and restart it, everything will return to normal. I have also tried to make the computer sleep and turn it back on, the same story. If I shut down ZA Antispyare before I make the computer hibernate or sleep, this problem won't happen.
In ZoneAlarm I have enabled all ThinkVantage programs that I can find but still it didn't help. Anyone has any idea?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware