Thread: Security Suite Updating Hanging (Vista, V7.1.078.000)

Hybrid View

sheared Guest

Default Security Suite Updating Hanging (Vista, V7.1.078.000)

I've got the same problem that others here have mentioned. The update procedure for the virus and spyware scanners hangs, and eventually brings the system down (because when this happens the daily scan freezes too).

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 7.1.078.000
    TrueVector security engine version 7.1.078.000
    Driver Version 7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version 3
    Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.162.0, DAT file version 01.200711.2845
    AntiSpam version 5.0.0.8843

(You know, the ability to copy this information from the "Product Info" tab sure would be a nice user interface addition. ZoneLabs could ensure that every bit of information they would need for trouble shooting showed up there, and then you could just a press a "copy" button to copy it to the clipboard, and then you could paste it into a message that was for trouble shooting an issue.)

Anyway, I've turned off automatic updates for the virus/spyware definitions, but even after a reboot, the program attempts to update, hangs, and the process repeats itself. Why is it not recognizing the fact that the auto-updates are turned off? Am I pretty much out of luck until this issue is fixed? Should I just uninstall and try something else?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Security Suite Updating Hanging (Vista, V7.1.078.000)

I have the same problem since yesterday.
    Updates begins and hangs. It happens only with Vista (my other machines working with XP and ZASS version 7 are fine).
    The only way to stop the update is to turn-off the machine ...
    Help would be appreciated.

naivemelody Guest

sheared, just a small brief answer to,<hr>&quot;(You know, the ability to copy this information from the &quot;Product Info&quot; tab sure would be a nice user interface addition. ZoneLabs could ensure that every bit of information they would need for trouble shooting showed up there, and then you could just a press a &quot;copy&quot; button to copy it to the clipboard, and then you could paste it into a message that was for trouble shooting an issue.)&quot; <hr>- you can actually do this by:1 - right clicking once, on your ZA tray icon2 - see/ click &quot;About...&quot;3 - click &quot;Copy to Clipboard&quot; button, then OK4 - you are ready to 'paste'<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 11-19-07 - Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys

sheared Guest

Thank you! I never saw that &quot;about.&quot; I've always looked at the information in the main window under the Product Information tab.

Thread Information